This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Friday, September 1, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters #4)

 


I love this series so much that I am rereading them with Barb till we catch up to where I left off and I am having fun doing it! Go check out what Barb @ Booker T's Farm thought about it after you see what I thought. 


For as long as it has stood overlooking New England's jagged coastline, Lexington House has been the witness to madness and murder. But in recent years the inexplicable malice that once tormented so many has lain as silent as its victims. Until now.


A member of the nation's foremost paranormal forensic team, Jenna Duffy has made a career out of investigating the inexplicable. Yet nothing could prepare her for the string of slayings once again plaguing Lexington House, or for the chief suspect a boy barely old enough to drive, much less kill.

With the young man's life on the line, Jenna must team up with attorney Samuel Hall to pinpoint who or what is taking the lives of those who get too close to the past. But everything they learn brings them closer to the forces of evil stalking this tortured ground.

It starts off with Sam coming home to Salem to settle the affairs of his dead parents home and all of a sudden he spots a naked young boy on the road covered in blood. 

Turns out that the boys family was killed and he is being blamed for doing the deed and Jamie and older man who is his counselor, doesn't think that he did it. He recruits his niece Jenna, who works for a special unit to help find out who or what might have done it. Sam who also knows Jamie gets conned into helping as well and using his legal knowledge.

Sam kind of comes off at first as a bit of a jerk when he is dealing with Jenna and trying to believe in her abilities to feels certain things or see parts of the past, etc. I get where he is coming from as I would probably be the same, but hope I wouldn't be a jerk about things...lol. 

I like Jenna she is Irish and spunky and a lot of fun and knows how to handle herself pretty well. 

I liked that this one takes place in Salem and that we get some witch trail history as it always seems to be a bit of history that collides with a modern day crime and that is fun.

These are just great comfort reads for me and I highly recommend if you like paranormal romance. 

4.5 stars

3 comments:

  1. I usually love stories set in Salem, and I think I'd like this book/series😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. I have read all the books in this series, so it's cool to see you re-reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one! I'm trying to get caught up on this series but there are so many!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...