This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Week in Review #50


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great August. I can't believe it's already September! Those who have an extra day off for Labor Day I hope it's a fun one!

So puppy update, I am not sure if this pup is going to work. We are trying really hard but he is so hyper and I am afraid he might trip dad. Also because he was a stray he is very food aggressive and has almost bit me a few times. He wants to eat all the time which I think really is the reason he gets in to everything if he thinks it could be food he is in it. We are trying as he can be very sweet but I don't know. :(

Other than that not much has happened over the past week, the weather was nice.

I haven't watched anything new, just a rotation of Murder She Wrote, Magnum PI (the original) and Rockford Files. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of The Evil Inside

Books I have added

  • Shadowheart - I am so excited about this fourth book in the Unsub series coming out in October but I may need to reread the first three or find some really good reviews to refresh my memory as it's been three years since one has come out! This series is a really cool serial killer crime novel, the author bases her killers in the book on real killers so it's always interesting to see if I can figure it out!

Books read last week

  • The Evil Inside - A reread that was a buddy read with Barb, and I enjoyed it.
  • The Titan Curse - Another reread as I want to continue on in the camp half blood universe but needed a refresher of this series and there is a new one coming out.
  • Macy McMillan and the Rainbow Goddess - A contemporary novel that was really good about a deaf girl and an older lady.
  • The Whispering Pines - First book in the Exit 13 series that left me with a cliffhanger so I need to get to book two soon.
  • Terror in Shadow Canyon - The third book in the Monsterous series and it was fun. If you like Goosebump type stories you will like this.
  • The Polter-Ghost Problem - This was a fun book about three friends who have to help a group of ghost find out who is haunting them!
  • Cat Crew - The second book in the Dog Squad series and it was cute.
  • Brackenbeast - The second book in the Thirteens series and if you like middle grade horror fantasy then you will like this one. I would suggest reading book one in October as it takes place around Halloween.
  • Return to Virgin River - It is sad but Barb and I have finished up the Virgin River series. This was number 19! Bittersweet feeling to finish a series you really enjoy.
It seems like a lot but I listened to them all and I do listen anywhere from about 1.75 to 2x speed. Most the middle grade were around 3 to 5 hours each.

Currently reading

  • IT - Can you believe I have never read this book! It's been on my shelf since I was in my twenties which seems like a very long time ago! Barb wanted to reread it so we are buddy reading this one over the next two months so it will be on my CR list for the whole month. I am currently on page 40 of 1138! I have the print book but listening to the audiobook while following along.
  • The Big Flush - The second book in the Area 51 Files and it's super cute! 39% into the ebook.
  • Skandar and the Phantom Rider - Second book in the Skandar series and I am enjoying it. There are flying unicorns! :) I am 62% into the audiobook.
  • The Black Lyon - is my carry over romance from last month and it's a print book so will take me a while to finish it now that I have a whole new and fresh tbr I want to get too...lol. I am currently 60 pages into it.
  • Finch House - An eARC that I am trying to fit in and just started it so only about 5% into it.
This is how I read so much as I am always in the middle of a lot of books and then boom toward the end of the month I finish a lot...lol.

What might be up next

You will notice with some books that I have read or reading that they are the SECOND book in a series. That is my September goal, Second book September...lol. So two of these are second books in series and then I am also participating in my friends Spy Vs. Spy and reading a few spy novels. :)

  • Game - The second book in the I Hunt Killers series.
  • Alias Emma - A spy novel of some sort that my friend PK says is really good.
  • Tentacles - The second book in the Marty and Grace series. It's about Cryptids.

How was your week? What did you get?

16 comments:

  1. Hopefully pup will settle soon. Tentacles looks good and I hope It fares better than The Stand did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he does too! My stress level has gone up since he has graced out home. I liked the first book Cryptid, so I am curious to see how the two young MC's get on in this second book. I hope IT goes better too! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your puppy! I wish I had time to reread It, it's been a long time😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my book ways a ton! Thank goodness for the audiobook. :)

      Delete
  3. All the best with the puppy - but sometimes, the fit just isn't right... I hugely enjoyed the Rick Riordan books - and I note that he's written quite a few more since I stopped reading them. I need to catch up... Have a great week:)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope things work with the pup but your right sometimes they are just not a good fit. Yes, Riordan has so many, lots of reading ahead. :)

      Delete
  4. I hope things settle down with the puppy. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, puppies are hard, but they settle in as they mature. Maybe a trainer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things out with the puppy either way.

    I started watching Rockford Files when my mom was sick and it was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Tentacles years ago. From what I remember it was good.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! I enjoyed book one so hoping Tentacles is as good.

      Delete
  8. Sorry it's been so hard with the pup. When we first got our dog, she was very insecure as well, and she would eat EVERYTHING when we weren't around. We ended up crating her when we'd leave the house, but one time she literally ate a giant hole in her crate. She did get past that stage, but I know how hard it can be when it's happening.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope she gets past the eat everything phase!

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...