This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 10, 2023

Week in Review #51

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This week was fairly uneventful and I like it that way. Only had one doctors appointment for my dad to go to which was just to get his diabetic shoes.

I started the Virgin River tv series over so that I can refresh myself for the newest season even though I pretty much hate watch it as it's nothing like my beloved Virgin River book series. I watch it mostly for some of the actors that are in it...lol.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Return to Virgin River
Review of The Big Flush

Books I have added

  • Witches Get Stuff Done - I use to read this author all the time then I sort of dropped off so when I seen she had a new series starting I jumped on it! Perfect read for this time of year.

Books read last week

  • Skandar and the Phantom Rider - The second book in the Skandar series and what's not to like there are flying unicorns! :) (Audiobook)
  • The Big Flush - This is a fun little series about a girl just trying to survive living in Area 51 with her uncle and having an alien for a friend, oh and a trying to solve the mystery of who sent the giant space toilet their way. :) (ebook)
  • Alias Emma - A Fast paced spy novel about a female spy who needs to get a guy to a safe house but the enemy is on their trail and she isn't sure she can trust her own people. (audio)
  • Jackaby - This was a reread as I want to continue the series and I am reading it with Barb. (audio)
  • Dread Wood - A spooky middle grade where detention could get you killed. (audio)
  • The Case of the Missing Cheetah - Short little MG book about three girls who learn their teach isa spy and they want to be spies too. It also features fictionalized real female spies and tells you about them at the end. (ebook)
  • World's Worst Time Machine - Kid buys a time machine for $3 dollars and things go very wrong. (audio)
  • City Spies - Fun spy novel about kid spies. (audio)

Currently reading

  • IT - Still chipping away at this one and I am 163 pages into it.
  • Spy School Goes North - Love this series! This is an ARC copy. On Page 20 of 287.
  • The Fairfleet Affair - Is a mystery and I am not far into it. It's also an ARC copy. On page 40 of 262.
  • Witches Get Stuff Done - eARC and just getting started so only about 6% in.
  • The Black Lyon - I haven't worked a lot on this one. So on page 84 of 276.

What might be up next

 Probably a book that is book two in a series as I am trying to work on my series.

How was your week? What did you get?


5 comments:

  1. Uneventful weeks are the best. I read Jackaby when it first came out and really enjoyed it. Have a good week, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for uneventful weeks. I am glad we enjoyed Jackaby and I just started Witches Get Stuff Done this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah quiet weeks are good. I'm between shows at the moment and looking for something to watch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of watching the Virgin River series. It looks good. Years ago I read the first book in the series and loved it. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uneventful weeks are so nice sometimes. I really want to read the Virgin River books. I've really liked other books by her but never read that series. I forgot about Molly Harper! I haven't read anything by her in ages. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...