This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

4th Quarter Anticipated Reads

 


I haven't done one of these in a while so thought I would. Most of these are from series I am currently reading or authors I have read before except for three of them. 

  • Spy School Goes North by Stuart Gibbs - The 11th book in the Spy School series. I just finished this one and it was a lot of fun. It's the only one on this list I have finished. :) 
  • Trapped by Skye Melki-Wegner - This is the second book in the Deadland series. Just think The Land Before Times...lol. They are young talking dinosaurs in exile who must try and save their kingdoms. 
  • Hollowthorn by Kalyn Josephson - The second book in the Ravenfall series. Think Halloweentown meets supernaturals as there is a magical B&B that is at the crossroads of the human world and the other world. 
  • Liar Society by Alyson Gerber - This is an author I don't know but it says it's a One of Us is Lying for middle grade, though I haven't read that book I get the idea and I am curious.
  • The Quest for Danger by Stuart Gibbs - It's the fourth book in the Once Upon a Tim series. It's a silly adventure book and I like it. Can't wait to see what Tim and everyone gets up too.
  • To Many Interesting Things are Happening to Ethan Fairmont by Nick Brooks - The worlds longest title! I liked the first book so I am curious to see how Ethan handles things getting interesting. :) 
  • They Stalk the Night by Brian Moreland - Not read this author but this one just looks interesting, Has some buzz words like winter storm and ravenous beast...lol. 
  • The Night House by Jo Nesbo - Not read this author but I was drawn to the cover. It hasn't got the best of reviews it looks like but I am still curious about it. 
  • Stalking Around the Christmas Tree by Jacqueline Frost - The fourth book in the Christmas Tree Farm series. If you like whimsical Christmas type reads then you will like this cozy mystery series. :) Each book is set at Christmas.
  • Some of Us are Looking - Second book in the County Kerry series. I enjoyed the first one. It's set in Ireland, and involves a veterinarian who gets wrapped up in mysteries.
  • The Christmas Appeal by Janice Hallet - This is 1.5 in the Appeal series. I honestly didn't know there was going to be a second one. I liked The Appeal as it was a different type of mystery, so I am curious about this one. 
  • Mister Lullaby by J. H. Markert - I read The Nightmare Man by this author and liked it and so I am hoping I will enjoy this one too. I have been real hit or miss with horror lately. In this one you don't want to be in a coma! Seems a guy hearing the voice of Mister Lullaby says kill the coma patients! 
  • Murder Wears a Hidden Face by Rosmary Simpson - This is the 8th book in the Gilded Age series. I haven't read book 7 yet but I still can't wait for this one. :) 
  • I Heard a Fly Buzz When I Died by Amanda Flower - The second book in the Emily Dickinson series. The titles in this series crack me up, but I guess they are titles of E. Dickinson's poems so she was one strange gal. Anyway it's a mystery where Dickinson's maid does the sleuthing with little help from Emily. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you have some fun choices. I'm very curious about The Night House, I hope you read it😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one hasn't had the best of reviews but sounds good so fingers crossed!

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...