This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Week in Review #57

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So this was a busy week! My 80 year old friend took me to Silver Dollar City as it's the last year for the rollercoaster called Fire in the Hole, sort of sad as it's been there since the 1970s but it's not as cool as the new ones they have, though it is in the dark! I don't like rollercoasters but she talked me into riding it once, she road it twice. I am half the age of this lady but a lot bigger than her but goodness she wore me out! I couldn't hardly walk the next day!

If you want to see some footage from Silver Dollar City, on my weekly reading vlog that is up on my Youtube channel I do have a section on it with lots of clips. :) Just check out:
https://youtu.be/gBHeIzbfrwQ?si=cDMa1Rb0VdGfsrVy There were pumpkins everywhere! :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Waiting on Wednesday - Two different books

Books I have added

Might have went a little overboard...lol.

  • The Holy Terrors - New paranormal mystery series and I really like this author so I am curious.
  • Rumor of Evil - Girl accused of witchcraft, then she is killed. Detectives investigate. Sounds good.
  • Crime and Parchment - New series about a rare books librarian. :)
  • That's Not My Name - YA thriller about a girl with no memory and a guy who picks her saying he is her father, but is he?
  • Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Graphic Novel - I love this series and now I can read it as a graphic novel!

Books read last week

  • The Dollhouse Murders - I enjoyed this ghost story! This was my first time trying this author.
  • Slime Doesn't Pay! - This was a dud, I wasn't impressed. It was a longer book but should have been condensed into Goosebump size and might have been better.
  • Deadly Deep - Catches me up on the Dread Wood series and it was fun.
  • Crandall's Castle - A decent ghost story.
  • Christina's Ghost - The shortest one from this author I tried and the best. This had some nice spooky ghost moments. :)
  • Extra Normal - This was a cute one with a normal girl whose siblings are are all paranormal.

Currently reading

  • IT - I will admit I think my steam is running out on this one, I don't think it's that great and I am bored but I am 75% into it so I keep going!
  • The September House - This is kind of boring too. I think I am coming to terms with the fact that I don't like most horror anymore. I like some slashers and then killer animals or creature books and that is about it. That is okay, taste change. :)
  • The Curious Vanishing of Beatrice Willoughby - I am 15% into this one and it's kind of strange but I am liking it so far.
  • Stalking Around the Christmas Tree - I love this series! The audiobooks are really good!
  • The Improbable Tales of Baskerville Hall - I have just started it so no thoughts.

What might be up next

 Not a clue but I have a lot of books on libby I need to try and get too. :)

How was your week? What did you get?


11 comments:

  1. I can't ride roller coasters anymore, they make me so dizzy! But how fun you got to go with your friend😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a hoot! She doesn't act 80! I wish I had her energy, she grew up on a farm and still runs a small one!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time. I love rollercoasters but the wooden ones feel really rough at 57...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This old one from the 70s felt a bit rough too...lol.

      Delete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of rollercoasters but I did do Space Mountain a while back, which is probably no big deal for most but for me it was an ordeal. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old roller coasters, Kentwood here in Pittsburgh, PA has the Thunderbolt which I could ride all day long!! She shared a great memory with you!! It by Stephen King is one of his best, & one of my faves, but not everyone likes it!! Have a great week!!
    https://ustmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-sunday-post_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Sounds like you had a fun time at Silver Dollar! Have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of Deadly Deep and your friend sounds like a riot. I need to go watch your video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in awe... Still, it fills me with hope listening to the exploits of your 80 yo friend and watching 79 yo Angela Rippon on Strictly Come Dancing, as I battle to try to regain some fitness since my Long Covid illness. I hope the coming week is a good one for you, Stormi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love rollercoasters and I love those dark coasters! How sad that they're getting rid of it. I love that your friend is still riding coasters in her 80s!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are going to Silver Dollar City in April. My SIL is so excited about the roller coasters while I'm a bit more meh about them. It does look like fun though. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...