This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Beastly Bones

 

I am so glad that Barb and I are reading this series, it's been a lot of fun. So after you see what I thought pop on over to Booker T's Farm and see what Barb thought. :)


I've found very little about private detective R. F. Jackaby to be standard in the time I've known him. Working as his assistant tends to call for a somewhat flexible relationship with reality . . .


In 1892, New Fiddleham, New England, things are never quite what they seem, especially when Abigail Rook and her eccentric employer, R. F. Jackaby, are called upon to investigate the supernatural. First, members of a particularly vicious species of shape-shifters disguise themselves as a litter of kittens. A day later, their owner is found murdered, with a single mysterious puncture wound to her neck. Then, in nearby Gad's Valley, dinosaur bones from a recent dig go missing, and an unidentifiable beast attacks animals and people, leaving their mangled bodies behind. Policeman Charlie Cane, exiled from New Fiddleham to the valley, calls on Abigail for help, and soon Abigail and Jackaby are on the hunt for a thief, a monster, and a murderer.

The Jackaby series is so much fun! Rook is still getting use to the unusual things that she is a part of on a daily basis with her eccentric employer Jackaby. 

First they get called in because of a shapeshifter that isn't like the normal ones you hear about this one turns into what ever it eats. Right now they are cute cuddly kittens but later on things with one of these cute kittens turn into something a lot different...lol.

Later they end up were some unidentified beast attacks were happening and running into one of Jackaby's acquaintances who likes odd and unusual animals. They meet a guy who found some unusual dinosaurs bones which end up taking a very strange turn of events.

I really think saying to much more would spoil the fun so I am not saying anything more. I really like the Rook and Jackaby. Jackaby cracks me up because he just doesn't do things the conventional way and says things without thinking. It was cute him trying to give Rook advice on Charlie, he was trying to be helpful in his own way...lol. 

If you like urban fantasy and eccentric characters you should give this a try!

4.5 stars

3 comments:

  1. I am enjoying this series so much. I'm all for more Jackaby, Rook and Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know more about the kittens, lol. This sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten about this series! I really wanted to read the first book when it came out and this one looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...