This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Week in Review #58

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

It's cold and I am not happy!!! This is not fall weather this is winter weather and it's not suppose to happen yet!! We have a day next week were the low is 17. :( It's raining and cold and I can all ready feel the winter blues coming. :( I am done, is it spring yet.

Trying to think of anything newsworthy but don't really have anything. I have been watching the X-files because the dreary days seem fitting...lol.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Beastly Bones

Books I have added

  • Of Hoaxes and Homicide - I really liked the first book in this series so can't wait to get to this new one!
  • Juniper's Christmas - Looks like a cute middle grade Christmas book.

Books read last week

  • Stalking Around the Christmas Tree - Love this cozy series! In this latest one the victim was named after one of my booktube friends she was so excited...lol.
  • The September House - I wanted to like this more but it was just kind of meh, the ending was pretty cool, but I guessed two of the twisty parts pretty early on.
  • The Improbable Tale of Baskerville Hall - A mystery involving a young Arthur Doyle, it was quirky and a little fantastical but fun. The author got permission from the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's estate to use him in a book which is cool.
  • The International House of Dereliction - Slightly quirky, but cute not real spooky ghost story.
  • The Clackity - An interesting spooky story and start of a series.
  • The Bellwoods Game - A fun spooky story.

Currently reading

  • IT - I have made it to 80% but to be honest I don't really care...lol. I am determined to make it through it though.
  • The Curious Vanishing of Beatrice Willoughby - 48% into this one, it's quirky and a bit of a fantasy mystery. So far it's okay.
  • Finch House - I am only 13% into it but so far I am liking it.

What might be up next

 Not sure.

How was your week? What did you get?


9 comments:

  1. Ugh 17 is really cold! I thought it was bad here, it's currently 28 degrees. I feel like we barely got any fall. Oh well, stay warm and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bundled up as good as I can be...lol. Hope you stay warm as well!

      Delete
  2. I loved It. I have The September House on my wishlist!! Got a few freebies this week!!

    https://ustmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-sunday-post_0556813266.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urg! That's a really unfriendly temperature so early in the winter... We've got lots and lots of rain, but the temperature is still in the 50s. I love your reading list for the week - the young Sherlock book has caught my eye as it looks like loads of fun:). Have a great week, Stormi - and I hope it warms up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your temp sounds awful...so cold and way too soon. I used to love the X-Files. It's been so long since I watched it. I hope you have a great week and the weather warms up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been cold here too. Bring back summer. Plus dreary- rain every day and cloudy. I'm looking forward to Halloween and then want summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will finish It eventually. We did The Stand and I think this one's better than that one. I like the looks of Of Hexes and Homicide. Would I like that series?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was not prepared for it to be cold and I am not enjoying it! I love the Christmas Tree Farm series and really need to get back to it - especially now that it's coming up on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...