This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Whispers at Dusk by Heather Graham

Barb and I have been working on the Krewe of Hunters series and it's a long series, so there was a short trilogy spin off where they are international and so we decided to try the first book from that trilogy because if we waited till we caught up on Krewe it would be years...lol. Once you see what I had to say go on over to Booker T's Farm and see what Barb thought. 


When darkness falls, there’s nowhere to hide.

Four bodies have been discovered along Europe’s riverbanks, placed with care—and completely drained of blood. Pinpricks on their throats indicate a slender murder weapon, but DNA found in the wounds suggests something far more sinister. Tasked with investigating, the FBI recruits Agents Della Hamilton and Mason Carter to Blackbird, an international offshoot of the Krewe of Hunters. If you want to catch a vampire killer, you need agents who can speak with the dead.

The pair travel to Norway, where the shadowy forests of Lillehammer reveal a gruesome scene. The killer is thirsty for more victims, and the bloodless trail soon leads Della and Mason to a group that believes drinking blood is the key to immortality. To catch the culprit of such an intimate crime, the agents will have to get close. Mason’s already lost one partner; he’s not ready to risk Della as bait. But sometimes justice requires a sacrifice…

When some American's in Europe are found murdered the FBI decide to send Della and Mason to Blackbird to help them figure out what is going on. Della and Mason don't really know each other but when working on the case they realize they work well together. 

Blackbird is the international version of Krewe of Hunters and this case has them puzzled as it it looks as if there is a vampire on the loose and they are trying to figure out who is behind it before anything else happens. 

The case leads them to the "master" who is training others to kill to gain immortality or at least that is what they think. This case sends them all over as they try and figure out exactly what is going on and even when they catch one person they find out there are more out there. 

There is a slow burn romance happening between Della and Mason that I am sure will span the three books in the trilogy as it hasn't really gotten to far with that, this book was more about the mystery than the romance. I really like Della and Mason and I am curious to see what will happen with them and how they will wrap up everything that is happening with this series. 

I really liked the ghost that was in this one that was helping them with everything, he was cool.

You don't really have to read any Krewe of Hunters books to be able to read this trilogy. 

4 stars

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad we jumped ahead and started these. They really can be read without the other ones. And you know me, I love the vampire aspect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably love this, I like the idea that it's set outside the U.S. and has some paranormal elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this trilogy and am hoping she does more with the international angle. I do love the ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get back to reading this series; they are very fun books. And I always love a good ghost-y read. :D

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...