This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Week in Review #62

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Reading wise December is off to a slow start. I didn't post last week and between last week and this one I still didn't read much but that is okay. I am doing a lot of other things and I have read a lot this year.

The weather has been really nice for December which I am enjoying. We had a few days in the 60s! I can handle this kind of winter type weather but I am sure it won't last.

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

  • Extinction - I have enjoyed the Pendergast series that this author cowrites with Lincoln Child and this one sounded interesting. :) Comes out in April.
  • The Botanist Guide to Society and Secrets - I have enjoyed the first two books in this series so I am excited about this new one. Comes out in June.
  • Her Silent Bones - New series! Yes I am a sucker for a new mystery series...lol. Comes out in January.
  • The Witless Protection Program - This is a series that has grown on my the more books I read and so I am curious about this one. Comes out in March.

Books read last week

  • Trading Christmas - I enjoyed this one though it was a bit different from the movie version that I also like.
  • Dashing Through the Snow - This one was also a little different from the movie version and enjoyable.
  • Starlight - This was Debbie Macomber's very first book and it wasn't very good...lol.
  • The Christmas Appeal - This was a novella set in the setting of The Appeal and not as good as The Appeal but not bad.

Currently reading

  • Snow Angel Cove - I am enjoying this one but it's also bugging me because it keeps mentioning characters from Hopes Crossing making me think I need to read it first! UGH I hate that.
  • 8 Sandpiper Way - You might have figured out that it's Debbie December with all these Debbie Macomber books...lol. I would like to finish this series up next year.
  • The Kingdom of Sweets - A nutcracker retelling and slightly boring. I have finally made it to part two so I really hope it picks up before I end up dnfing it. To many other books.
  • I Heard a Fly Buzz When I Died - The second book in the Emily Dickinson mysteries and this series has the weirdest titles but they are actual poem titles of Emily's which makes think she was a bit strange tool. :)

What might be up next

 Not sure.

How was your week? What did you get?


8 comments:

  1. Enjoy Debbie December! Lol. I'm glad your weather is nice right now. It's pretty cold here, but no snow yet which is good (although everyone is complaining that we won't have snow for Christmas). Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy Debbie Macomber books. I read that series awhile ago and loved it. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Debbies Christmas stuff and Cedar Cove but need to branch out some. :)

      Delete
  3. It's been cold here but not much snow yet so I guess I'm good. Missing sunlight though.

    Extinction looks fun! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for explaining the title of those books being poem titles. I have always wondered when I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather has been nice here too.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been cold and rainy here all of a sudden and I am NOT enjoying it! It does make for good reading weather though. That was the first RaeAnne Thayne book I read and I really enjoyed it but I can see how the character mentions would annoy you. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...