This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Week in Review #63

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Is it just me or is this month going by very quickly!? I swear this week just flew by and I can't think of anything that happened worth mentioning.

For the most part I have enjoyed the December weather as it hasn't been as cold as it could be. I am sure my 60 degree weather will not last...lol.

I have watched my fair share of Christmas movies and I am about Christmased out. I am more of a grinch and can't wait for Jan. 1st. I do think my favorite movie is Mrs. Santa Claus from 1996 with Angela Lansbury, it's a musical...lol. I ran across it on Frindly. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

  • The Poison Pen - The latest book in the Scottish Bookshop series and one of my favorites so I can't wait to read this one!
  • A Body on the Doorstep and A Body at the Seance - Book one and two in a new series by an author I enjoy so I have high hopes for this historical mystery series. :)

Books read last week

  • 8 Sandpiper Way - I have been meaning to read more on the Cedar Cove series so Debbie December have me the perfect opportunity. (Audio)
  • Rainy Day Kisses - This is one of Debbie's Categories from the 90s and it was much better than the other one I read early this month...lol. (Audio)
  • Snow Angel Cove - First in the Haven Point series and set at Christmas. It was cute. (Audio)
  • Resting Scrooge Face - This was an 80 page novella that I listened too and it was super cute! 
  • Last Exit to Feral - A Fun middle grade graphic novel. 
  • Best Nerds Forever - This was fun though I am not sure how I feel about the ending. (Audio)
DNFED
  • The Kingdom of Sweets - It's a nutcracker retelling and I really tried but I just don't care. I got to about 33% and was bored. 

Currently reading

  • I Heard a Fly Buzz When I Died - I am enjoying it but since it's an ebook it's just taking me a bit longer as I have been doing a lot of things on the computer and listening is easier. 40% into it.
  • Mister Lullaby - I think I am about half way through this one, it's a horror book and it's okay.
  • Songs of Wine and Murder - The latest in one of my favorite series A Tourist Trap and should be finished by tomorrow. (Audio)
  • The Seafarer's Secret - A mystery I got for review from Book Sirens and need to finish it before January so hopefully that happens. I am enjoying it but it's another ebook. 17% into it.
  • Juniper's Christmas - A middle grade book and I am not to far into it so not sure really what it's about. (Audio)

What might be up next


How was your week? What did you get?


5 comments:

  1. I've hardly watched anything Christmasy and hardly any holiday music either, but I still feel Grinchy lol. Must just be this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love musicals, I'll have to watch Mrs. Santa Claus. Good luck with your weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juniper's Christmas has such a cute cover. And yes, this month is flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just you! This month has been crazy and I am not ready for Christmas at all! I'm getting the last bit of shopping done in the next two days and people will be getting what they get and eating what is provided I guess! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...