This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Week in Review #68

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This week was dreary and foggy and I felt trapped in a horror story. I need some SUN! Thankfully we will be getting some on Monday hopefully.

So I don't have a whole lot to mention. I did go down a movie rabbit hole, I found the old harlequin movies on Freevee, I loved watching them when I was younger and for the most part I could actually remember bits and pieces of it as I was watching them. My favorite was At the Midnight Hour. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

  • The Mystery of the Locked Rooms - I love this authors middle grade horror so I am sure I will like her mystery.
  • The Earl's Cinderella Countess - Harlequin historical and that is pretty much all I know. :)
  • Undercover Colorado Conspiracy - Love Inspired Suspense, so an inspirational romantic suspense or more like the harlequin intrigue but Christian fiction.

Books read last week

  • End of Watch - It was okay and finishes out a Trilogy so there is that.:)
  • The Shuddering - It was okay, had weird creatures but unlikeable people.

Currently reading

  • The Mysterious Case of the Alperton Angels - Mystery told in emails and text, not gotten far.
  • The Wandering Hour - I haven't worked on this one so still at 39%.
  • Haunted - The main focus as I have 91 pages left and it is a buddy read!
  • A Body on the Doorstep - I didn't read much of it so only 57% into it.
I really need to get these all done before January is over as I have a lot of eyeball reading in February and only one on this list is an audiobook.

What might be up next

 Doubt I have any extra reading time but if so I will start on February's Retro Romances!

How was your week? What did you get?


6 comments:

  1. I need to look up the Harlequin movies, as in Harlequin romance? I didn't know about those! I hope you get some sun this week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find on Freevee. I'm going to have to look for those Harlequin movies. I used to watch them, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I did not know Freevee had all of those Harlequin movies. Thanks for sharing that, Stormi 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh The Apperton Angels book looks so dang good. Super jealous. I loved the previous ones by that author.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea there were Harlequin movies. I might have to check them out if I can find them. I'm glad you did and had fun watching them.

    I'm sorry it's been so dark and dreary that you felt like you were in a horror novel/movie. I hate it when it's dark and dreary. I hope you do get your sun tomorrow.

    https://jennielyse.com/sunday-news-53/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foggy here too! Summer please lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...