This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Week in Review #67

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

I don't know about you all but I am so done with winter! This last week we had several days of super cold and our water froze and I am ready for spring. Besides complaining about the weather I don't really have much to say...lol.

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

I didn't make a post last week so these books are a combination of two weeks.
  • Suburban Hell - This was a decent horror book that reminded me of Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires and mix it with My Best Friends Exorcism.
  • Murder at the Piccadilly Playhouse - Second book in the Cleopatra Fox series and better than book one.
  • A Trace of Poison - Second book in the Phydilla Bright series and I enjoyed it.
  • Second Duke's the Charm - This was a lot of fun.
  • Death with a Dark Red Rose - Last book in the Writer's Apprentice series. Glad to get a series finished.
  • A Peculiar Combination - First book in the Electra McDonald series and it was good.
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire - This was okay but not sure if I will continue the series. I am doing a kindle cleanout challenge so trying some of my kindle books that have been hanging out on there for a long time...lol.
  • Hidden Current - This was an okay first book in a series.
  • The Seafarer's Secret - I thought this mystery was decent but sort of easy to figure out the killer.

Currently reading

  • The Moonstone - Okay this book is about to beat me as it really isn't that interesting...lol.
  • A Body of the Doorstep - This one is just okay, it's the first book in a series and I don't think the storyline is good for a first book. I am 44% into it.
  • Bloodfire - One of my kindle books and it's an urban fantasy and okay. 27% into it.
  • End of Watch - Last book in the Bill Hodges Trilogy and so far it's okay but only 18% into it.
  • Haunted - My Print book that I am working on and I am 164 pages of 370.
  • Doomsday Archives - eARC that I am working on and so far it's interesting.

What might be up next

 Not sure.

How was your week? What did you get?


5 comments:

  1. I'm curious about Suburban Hell, I think it's on my Goodreads TBR. Sorry it's so cold there, at least Spring is coming...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like Suburban Hell, I gave it 3 stars. Barb liked it more than I did when she read it last year.

      Delete
  2. You had a great reading week. Your books sound good. I hope your weather warms up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% with you on being done with winter. The temps are thankfully up now but we are getting floods of rain. Better than ice though. I hope you've had a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...