This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Beneath a Blood Red Moon by Shannon Drake

 So I am reading retro romances this month and talked Barb into reading one with me because it was about vampires...lol. After seeing what I thought hop on over to Booker T's Farm and see what Barb thought.


A tale that sweeps the reader from the antebellum South to contemporary New Orleans, the dark, sensuous world of love and immortality of the beauty and the beast whom some call vampire...

Maggie Montgomery, the owner of Magdalena's an elegant New Orleans boutique, gasped when she learned about the mysterious beheading of a local street person, and the trail of blood that led from the corpse to her building. Her shock turned to turmoil when she met Sean Canady, the police officer who arrived to question her...and inspired a dangerous desire.

Something powerful--and beyond reason--had brought Maggie and Sean together. Something that spoke of an interwoven past, and a passionate torment that began generations before under a blood red moon. For on that night of erotic seduction, Magdalena Montgomery became a vampire, and began a century-long quest to find the one man whose love was pure enough, strong enough to save her from the darkness within...

So in case you don't know Shannon Drake is Heather Graham and I just love Graham's books and I want to read them all (which will take years), so I knew I wanted to try some of her retro books this month and I am trying to get back into paranormal romances as I use to love them several years ago. 

At the beginning we find out how Maggie is turned into a vampire and then through out the book there are flashbacks to parts of her journey as a vampire so we can get a little information on how it is impacting the present day timeline. 

In New Orleans there have been some violent deaths and we have the cops Sean and his partner who aare investigating them and some blood drops that end up leading them to Maggie's shop. She is not sure what is going on but she is not involved in what has happened with those deaths. 

Sean doesn't really think that she has anything to do with them but he also thinks something is going on with her and he is also instantly attracted to Maggie which was a bit eyerolly at times, but I guess she is a vampire so she has that alurring attractiveness. 

Okay going to admit my recollection of this book is fuzzy, I need to review books as soon as I read them! 

At times the pacing was a bit slow but overall I really enjoyed this one, especially the ending. I know that I had fun with it and I am curious about the rest of the series.

4.5 stars (4 on Goodreads)

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit I did find it slow for about the first 75 pages but the ending made it all worth it. Glad you pulled me into this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this. I think I'd love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...