This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Week in Review #71

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Is it spring yet? I am tired of this up and down weather. It was so nice and then book 3 inches of snow and then that melted in about one day because nice again and then boom cold again. :(

Not much happening here so have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Beneath a Blood Red Moon

Books I have added

  • Revved Up 4 Murder - Next book in a favorite series. Just look at that cute cover!!
  • Murder by Lamplight - A historical mystery and I just couldn't help but grab it. :)
  • It Watches in the Dark - Believe it or not this is a middle grade book! The cover is creepy so curious about the insides and it's Jeff Strand and I have liked some of his adult horror and think this might be his first MG horror.
  • Trapped in Yosemite - Christian romantic suspense and I have been curious about this author, she also writes cozies and harlequin intrigue books. :)

Books read last week

  • Seen and Not Heard - Even though this is a romance author I wouldn't classifiy this as a romantic suspense but just a suspense book. It's from 1988 and as a suspense it wasn't bad, that cover is so creepy!
  • The Dragon's Cave - This is a harlequin romance from 1974 and though I am sure some will find it icky and problematic I liked it. :)

Currently reading

  • Goblin Court - A 1976 harlequin romance and I am only a few chapters in but not real sure about this one yet. Reading the print book and on page 67 of 155 so hope to finish it soon.
  • Home Song - This is my audiobook and this one is from 1994 and I love this author but not sure about this one as it's about a couple already married and dealing with the consquences of the husbands one night stand at his bachelor party 18 years ago when a teenage who looks just like him ends up at the school he the principal of. I don't normally care for this type of romance so hoping my favorite author can make me like it. On page 62 of 377.

What might be up next

  • Snow Angel - Signet regency romance from 1991. I have tried this author before with a larger book and while I thought it was okay it wasn't a favorite so hoping I like this smaller one. Will read this one in print.
  • Rose - First book in the Seven Brides series and from 1993 and I think the author took the old movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and turned it into a series featuring each lady and the guy she ends up with. I am excited to try this one!! I have the audiobook for it.

How was your week? What did you get?


9 comments:

  1. Murder by Lamplight sounds wonderful. I am gonna put it on my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The up and down weather does sound frustrating! I guess this is the time of year for that. I'm just hoping our upcoming rain storm washes all the snow away, lol. Have a good week Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had three inches of snow and beforet he day was over it was already melting and the next day it was mostly gone. That is the kind of snow I prefer if I have to have it...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the time of year when we're all desperate for warmer, better weather. But I refuse to be suckered into believing the winter is over just because the daffodils are flowering! I love the sound of the books based on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugggh...I hate it when the weather goes up and down. Glad you had a nice week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cold here. Windy last night and freezing!

    I think those old harlequins are so nostaligic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't gotten any snow yet. Hopefully it will warm up without any on it way.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got Reved Up 4 Murder too and can't wait to read it! It's one of my favorite cozy series. I'm with you on being done with cold. Right now it's gorgeous but I don't trust it to last. I hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...