This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Week in Review #73

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

My life is boring and I really don't have a lot to talk about. I did go thrift book shoping a couple of times and might have gotten a lot of books. :) Retro romances and old mysteries mostly.

I used my left over hoopla borrows to watch Discovery of Witches series again for the well I don't know but I have watched it a lot...lol.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Fatal First Edition

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

  • Goblin Court - Wasn't as good as her first book but it was okay.
  • When He Was Wicked - This is the sixth book in the Bridgerton series and very good.
  • Fatal First Edition - I really enjoyed this one, you can check out my review with the link above. :)

Currently reading

  • The Black Ice - It's the second book book in the Harry Bosch series and just one chapter in but so far it's okay.
  • Once Upon a Murder - The second book in the Lady Librarian series and I am questioning the authors choice in talking a lot about female monthly problems. Ick. I don't want to read about it and in a historical setting it's just even more gross. So not enjoying it as much as I hoped. 67% into the audiobook.
  • Spy Ring - Middle Grade spy book and so far it's fun. I am about 20% in.

What might be up next

  • Postmortem - First Kay Scarpetta book.
  • The Big Sleep - A crime Noir book.

How was your week? What did you get?


7 comments:

  1. My life is pretty boring too, lol, but I don't mind. But buying books sounds like fun, I need to make a trip to the bookstore soon. Have a good week, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, book shopping doesn't sound boring to me. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding old books!

    Thanks for joining my Discord! I'm hoping to make it fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. My day’s are usually uneventful too.
    I’m curious about Once Upon a Murder after your comments, it’s unusual for female monthly problems to be raised in any genre little lone a historical mystery.

    Wishing you a wonderful reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book shopping is always fun! Why is there all the talk about feminine monthly issues in a mystery book? I'm confused. I wouldn't want to read about it endlessly as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall the old Chinese curse - 'may you live in interesting times'. Have a great week, Stormi:).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only seen the first season of Discovery of Witches and haven't had a chance to watch more. I actually had forgotten about it. Shame on me, I know. Now I'm going to check and see if I can find it somewhere to watch the rest! And re-watch the first season at this point. I am glad you enjoyed Fatal First Edition. I really want to read that one. Have you read Cornwell's series before? I used to really like her Kay Scarpetta series, at least the earlier books. I hope you have a great weekend, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...