This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Week in Review #74

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

It might be just me but I felt like the first part of March has just flown by! How can it already be the Tenth! Though I am never a fan of springing forward (wish they would just leave it forward) I do love the longer nights as now I can be outside longer!!! *Party face* 
It's been raining a good bit so this coming week I will probably be out picking up the yard because Rascal the destroyer of everything has made a mess of my yard! (Literally looks like a tornado hit the outside!) Ugh.  I can't wait for the puppy faze to go! 
Read a couple of crime noir books and then watched the movies that was fun!
Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

  • The Big Sleep - The First Philip Marlowe book and I actually enjoyed it. It was a very complex crime novel. I will be trying book two. 
  • Double Indemnity - This one wasn't to bad, I enjoyed it more than The Postman Always Rings Twice and will try more from this author.
  • Once Upon a Murder - I enjoyed book one in this series more. I am questioning the authors choice of plot points in this one that I just wasn't interested in. 
  • The Black Hand - It's been a while since I read a book from this series and I could tell as it took me a while to get into it but I do like it and the characters so overall I enjoyed it and now I need to not let so much time go in between reads.

Put down for now:
  • Spy Ring - This is a soft DNF or more of a putting it down for now as it's an eARC for June or July and I just wasn't in the mood. It was okay but just not for right now.

Currently reading

  • Postmortem - I have started this one but it's a lot different than I imagined. I only have the audiobook but kind of wish I could get the ebook two but go figure someone else is reading this older book too!
  • The Black Ice - Can't get an audiobook for this one so reading the ebook and wishing I had an audiobook...lol. I am liking it fine but I listened to the first book so would have liked to have the audiobook but oh well.
  • Murder at the Irish Castle - I just started this on Saturday night and I am really enjoying the audiobook as I sit here writing this up. :) I have high hopes for this one.
  • Fowl Play - I just started this ebook on Saturday as well and I am 10% into it and liking it so far.

What might be up next

 Not sure but it will probably be mysteries. :)

How was your week? What did you get?


4 comments:

  1. I wish they would leave Daylight Savings Time on all year too. I mean come on! No one likes changing the clocks, why are we still doing it? Enjoy your extra hour of sunshine, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mysteries all look really good. Enjoy them. I prefer Daylight Savings Time, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of the time change either in fall or spring, but longer days ARE good.

    Have a s uper week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The puppy phase is the worst! There's a reason they're so cute - otherwise they'd never survive. I am not adjusting well to the time change! I love the falling back but the springing forward stuff takes me forever to adjust to. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...