This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Week in Review #75

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Spring is in the air but not hear yet as tomorrow the night time temp will be 27! I am enjoying having more light at night. 

So I think I have hit a funk or slump or something but my reading last week and this week has been kind of blah. I was reading or listening but nothing was sticking so I watched a lot of booktube and I watched a few movies more than normal. I did finish some books but not the ones I was working on...lol. 

Here are the movies I watched. Two killer insect movies, Marabunta about soldier ants from South America eating people! Then I watched They Nest about cockroaches...yuck...lol. Then I watched two classics, The Pajama Game staring Doras Day and Talk of the Town staring Cary Grant. 

Hope everyone has a great week filled with lots of reading!

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

  • A Royal Conudrum - First in The Misfits series and it was a lot of fun. When in a slump read middle grade! :)
  • Ungifted - First in what looks like a duology and my first book by Gordon Korman. I was told he was good and I should try him and they were right. I had fun with this one.
  • Murder at an Irish Castle - Only book mentioned last week that I finished...lol. I enjoyed this one though there is a very annoying character, I am hoping she will be better in book two!

Currently reading

Remember I said I was slumping, this is what happens when that is going on...lol.
  • Nine Coaches Waiting - Everyone has told me this is a good one. I am still wanting to read retro books so I picked it up. Only one chapter into the paperback.
  • Best Detective Stories of the Year - I am enjoying old mysteries and picked this up at an outside bin that has free books at my used bookstore. It's a bunch of short stories by a lot of people I have never heard off. I am only one the first story.
  • Lost and Gone Forever - I really want to finish this one as it's the last in a series but I haven't picked it up in a while so still only about a chapter into it.
  • The Unseen - I am buddy reading this with Barb and it's a reread for me and I am enjoying it.
  • Fowl Play - I didn't touch this one last week.
  • The Black Ice - I didn't read much on this one so still only around 20% into the ebook.
  • Postmortem - I actually have to start this one over because I was 40% into and realized I had no clue what it was about. It just wasn't sticking.
  • The Thin Man - Out of all of these this will be the one I finish first. I am really enjoying it. It's a lot of fun and makes me laugh! I love Nick and Nora Charles! 61% into it the audiobook and following along with the ebook.

What might be up next

 Not a clue since I am reading so much right now. Just hoping to be done slumping!

How was your week? What did you get?


6 comments:

  1. Ok I don't think I would willing watch a movie about killer ants or cockroaches, lol. Good luck getting your reading mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all get into reading slumps from time to time. I know I do. They usually just work themselves out. Hope yours ends soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love classic movies. And old paperbacks like those too

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing to remember about Nine Coaches Waiting is that Stewart was deliberately playing with gothic romance tropes... but she gives her MC more agency and backbone than a lot of the gothic heroines got. I love this book, though there are a few of Stewart's books that I think are even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can read any horror you give me, even listen on audio, but watch them..... no bugs, no chainsaws etc...give me ghosts, possession, etc. We got teased with some unusually warm weather and then slipped back to freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had spring for about a week but it's gone back to cold. It's supposed to rain this weekend and then hopefully be warm again. I'll be curious to hear what you think of Mary Stewarts books. I'm not sure I've read that one. Her books can be really fun and Gothic-y or a bit slow. I hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...