This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Week in Review #77

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So I have been participating in Old School April which is a fun readathon/watchathon put on by a lot of fun host. So I have been reading a lot of older kids books and watching lots of fun movies.

I forgot to post last week what I read and watched but this week I watched Overboard, The Thing, St. Elmo's Fire, Cocoon, and Tremors.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog


Review of The Rats

Books I have added

 Nothing.

Books read last week

  • Basil of Baker Street - A cute mouse story and the book The Great Mouse Detective was based on.
  • Bunnicula - A book series from my childhood and so cute! Vampire bunny that drains veggies.
  • Howliday Inn - The second book in the Bunnicula series and a howling good time. :) 
  • The Celery Stalks at Midnight - The Third book in the Bunnicula series, yes I was having fun with these.
  • Some of Us Are Looking - Not part of Old School April but I had started this one in March so wanted to finish it up. It's the second book in the County Kerry series. Not a cozy by any means just a straight up contempory mystery set in Ireland.

Currently reading

  • The Mysteries of Paris - A giant chunker of a classic that I am buddy reading with another booktuber, Nicole from Noteworthy Fiction. We are taking our time through this 1300+ page book and so you will see it on my currently reading for a few months. :) So far I am only 100 pages or so in and it's okay but not real sure what exactly the plot of the story is..lol. Reads easy though and this is the penguin classics edition that I bought.
  • Above Suspicion - I have recently started collecting this authors books as I have been finding them at thrift stores for like 50 cents and I thought I should probably try one...lol. She writes spy thrillers and this one is her first one from 1940s. So far this one has me curious.
  • The Eye of the Sun - I am buddy reading this one with a booktuber, Tammy from Believe in Yourshelf. It's one of my harlequin oldies and so far it's just okay.
  • The Tower Treasure - The first book in the Hardy Boys and I don't think I have ever ready any but it's def old school..lol.

What might be up next


Not sure as a lot of my reading this month is mood reading and I am doing a lot of watching of movies which is taking some reading time. :)

4 comments:

  1. Old School April sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of Old School April. It sounds like such fun. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the Bunnicula when I was a kid. That Old School April sounds fun.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bunnicula! The audio is lots of fun too. I'm mood reading a bit more than usual this month as I feel the reading slump lurking in the backgroud so I need to keep that a bay. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...