This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Week in Review #86

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Howdy everyone!! Hope everyone had a great week! My week wasn't to bad. It is starting to get a bit hotter than I like but I am not complaining as I prefer sweat to shivering...lol. (I can take a shower to cool down but in the winter I can't put on enough clothes to keep me warm...lol)

So back on the trying to lose weight thing and decided I like carbs to much to get rid of them so been watching this somewhat silly lady on youtube (her YT is Nicole Collet, in case your curious) who did portion control to lose weight and make sure she was in a calorie deficit but she still eats yummy foods! So that is what I am trying, it's a bit tedious but I figure it will get easier. Anyway since I have started doing this it's been about a week and a half, I have gone down 3 pounds so it's a start! :)

I don't think I watched anything new, I have been watching Perry Mason a lot. I think reading the books has got me more interested in the show. :)

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

                          

  • Scarewaves - Spooky little middle grade story that was fun.
  • Storm Front - Rereading the Dresden Files and refreshing my mind of how the series all began as it's been a while...lol.
  • Of Hoaxes and Homicides - I started this one a few months ago but got bored, tried the audiobook and it was much better that way. I still liked book one better.
  • Zombie Train - Last Kids on Earth meets Lord of the Flies (maybe not as bad but still). I liked it but the kids were very non emotional about other kids dying.
  • Case of the Sulky Girl - Book two in the Perry Mason series and I am really enjoying this series. 
  • Crime and Parchment - Debut cozy mystery and I enjoyed it. 
Currently reading

  • Bar - 20 - I didn't get a chance to work on this one last week. I am currently doing a readathon that drops prompts on you twice a week and you never know what it will be. It's messed up my reading...lol.
  • While Still We Live - I have read on this one a bit but still not yet half way. It is getting interesting though.
  • Methods of Malice - I have been wanting to get to this one for a while and I could have it read by this morning but I am putting here for now.

What might be up next

Not sure


8 comments:

  1. I definitely prefer the heat over the cold any day. :D I live in a tropical country though, so I've only experienced snow thrice... and I did not enjoy it lol. 5 layers of clothes wasn't enough. 😂

    And yay 3 pounds! <3 We're trying to help my brother lose weight too, and he also loves carbs, so we're trying to lessen his sugar intake instead-- that means no more soda if he can help it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have success with helping your brother lose weight, it's hard. If you can get him to taking walks that will help. I have notice though it's hard the more I get my body moving the more it seems I can do even if it's only small things. Like I have been doing a low impact high knee challenge I found on YT and at first I could not get my knees very high but now I can get them a little high like my joints are loosing up! :)

      Delete
  2. Seems you read a book a day last week! I never finish a book as fast as I'd like, though lately I've been flipping through some pages of so-so novels. Have a good week.

    Harvee https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some short novels which helped and a couple of them I was already in the middle of so just finished them up. :)

      Delete
  3. I should check out that YT since I've been trying to lose weight. Hers sounds similar to Weight Watchers where you mostly worry about portion control although you do have to count points. I was once successful with WW but not since they changed methods.

    Your books all look good. I hope you enjoy your reading. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a bit silly because I think she has anxiety issues, she has come out her shell as very weird but I am getting use to her weirdness and starting to like her videos...lol. She is just a no nonsense this is what I eat and lose weight kind of gal.

      Delete
  4. Yeah me too, I adore carbs but me and my husband cut way back because he had some heart issues, and cutting carbs is one of the things you have to do. I eat a lot of pasta when he leaves town, though😉 Have a great week Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Dad is diabetic so I am learning to cook him one thing and me something else, it's a pain but sometimes you have to have those carbs. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #87

  How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! ...