This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Week in Review #88

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So it's been a few weeks since I did one of these. The end of my June didn't go well and the beginning has been busy. I also celebrated a birthday a few days ago. It's just been crazy here!

Hope everyone has a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Books I have added

 Nothing.

Books read last week 

  • Heartsong - This is Debbie Macomber's second book. It's from 1984 and much better than her very first book I read last year. :) 
  • While Still We Live - This is my second book by this author and I must say I really enjoyed the first book I read by her more but this one was okay. I think this one had a bit to much war involved in it. 
  • Murder in Postscript - Book two in the Lady of Letters series. I really enjoyed this one, it had a good mystery.
  • The Missing Body - I was not a fan of this one which is a bummer as I have enjoyed this author in the past. 
  • The Presence - I enjoyed this one much more than book one of this series. 
  • Shark Night - This was okay but it was easy to figure out what was happening.

Currently Reading

  • Strange Recompense - One of my retro romances, a harlequin romance from the 70s. So far it's okay. I am currently on page 79 of 192.
  • The Pirate's Vixen - One of my chunky retro romances. I am liking it so far but only 49 pages out of 590 pages!
  • Nosy Neighbors - My current audiobook and I am liking it so far. I am currently 11% into it.

What might be up next

More of my retro romances I hope. :)

7 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you enjoy your books. They look good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Sorry the end of June and beginning of July have been crazy for you. I hope it calms down soon. Have a great week!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shark Night looks really cute. I suppose a predictable mystery might not be as predictable for MG readers, but sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you'd like.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Stormi! I've heard good things about Nosy Neighbors, I hope it ends up working for you😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I hope things are going a bit better. I have Nosy Neighbors on my TBR. I've heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #97

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...