This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Week in Review #89

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. Mine started out okay but hasn't ended the greatest. I swear in our household if it wasn't for bad luck we would have no luck at all. Our AC kept freezing over so we had to defrost it and take it apart to clean it and it's currently drying out in hopes that we can put it together tomorrow and it works..hopefully. Thank goodness it hasn't been to bad it was only in the low 80s but it was still pretty warm in the house. Then our water stopped working again. My brother is going to put a new pressure switch on our well tomorrow and I hope that is the only problem and that it works. *fingers crossed* Days like this I wish we could win the lottery and build a new house with the well closer than it is. Country living sometimes isn't the greatest.

So to take my mind of things I am watching Crocodile horror. :) I watched Crocodile Swarm which wasn't really that great and now I am watching Croc which I think I have seen before but it's mindless tv...lol.

Here is hoping next week is a good one! Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

  • Mr. Lemoncelo's Fantabulous Finale - I love this series and sad that this is the finale but excited to h
    ave been approved for the book!
  • A Christmas Duet - So I thought Debbie M was retiring but maybe she has some books already in the works that she is getting published. I am excited as it just won't be the same with out one of her Christmas books!
Thanks Netgalley and publishers!

I forgot to post my birthday books last week and then I got a few extras this weeks so here they are! One from a friend and the rest from really nice subscriber friends of my youtube channel.

  • The Black Bird Oracle - I am so excited for this one! It's been around 5 years since this authors last book as she battle cancer and I didn't think we would get any more and then this one was announced last year and I have been so waiting for it!!! Can't wait to buddy read with Barb!
  • The Witches House - Looks like a cute little middle grade book. 
  • Empire of  Shadows - This one is a historical fantasy romance that is suppose to be for fans of Romancing the Stone and The Mummy and I am so curious about it!
  • The Missing Maid - This is a historical mystery about a postal worker who gets letters written to Sherlock Holmes and she decides to look into one about the disappearance of Maid. Sounds fun!

Books read last week

  •  Nosy Neighbors - This was good but not a cozy mystery as it was marketed but more l like women's fiction with mystery elements.
  • Strange Recompense - This one was not to bad. These older harlequins are more anything but romance...lol.
  • Fool Moon - Enjoying my reread of this series as I love this series!
  • Can This Be Christmas - It's Christmas in July so I need to read a few Christmas books. :)

Currently Reading

  • Flight Into Yesterday - The retro of the week. It's from 1976 and I am page 80 of 187.
  • Rest in Peach - The second book in the Georgia Peach Trilogy. It's a decent cozy so far i am 69% into the audiobook.
  • I'll Be Home for Mischief - The 5th book in the Christmas Tree Farm series. This is an eARC and comes out in November.

What might be next



4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your AC and water, ugh. I don't live in the country, but we moved out of a nice city neighborhood to the mountains and we have issues with water pressure and our electrical going out at times, and other stuff too. Good luck with getting things fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for all those things you are dealing with. What a pain that is. Hope you enjoy your books and your crocodile horror :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for all the things you had to deal with. I hope things get better for you.

    Here’s my Sunday Post and The Sunday Watch

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your bad luck ends soon and so glad you now have a copy of the new Deborah Harkness book. Can't wait to read it as well. Gotta love creature features!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #97

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...