This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Week in Review #90

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

When it rains it pours in this household. We got the AC working at least so far, this coming week when we have a heat advisory, will be the test. We tried to fix the flat on our lawn mower as we don't have extra money to buy one right now but that didn't work. So I am living in a jungle. My brother is suppose to bring his lawn mower over but he couldn't do it on Saturday when I wanted so now I get to mow in the heat advisory heat. :( 
I am still watching killer animal horror as it's how I relax...lol. I watched Flood, it was a decent Gator movie, Vampire Bats was an okay bat movie, Swim was a horrible shark movie and Aquarium of the Dead which was kind of silly but fun, I mean killer marine life (think starfish, seals, etc.). :)  

Have a fun week and happy reading!

Books I have added

  • French Quarter Fright Night - Third book in the Vintage Cookbook series. I love this author!
  • A Very Woodsy Murder - New series from my favorite author!
  • Murder at Kings Crossing - Newest book in one of my favorite series!
  • The Pumpkin Princess and the Forever Night - Looks like a cute middle grade for Halloween time. :)

Books read last week

  • Rest in Peach - Second book in the Georgia Peach series and it's an okay decent series.
  • The Case of the Lucky Legs - I am really enjoying Perry Mason! This is my third book and they are fun.
  • Murder on the Orient Express - I can now finally watch the movie...lol. I thought this one was good but kind of sad at the end.
Currently reading

  • Flight Into Yesterday - It's not bad, but could be better...lol.
  • A Taste for Crime - Trying to get caught up on the Hope Street Church series and this will catch me up! I like it but it has made a few changes within the last couple of books that I am still trying to get use too.
  • An Irish Bookshop Murder - First in series and an eARC so trying to get it done. I am just starting it but so far it's okay.

What might be up next


Next month is Garbaugust readathon which is right up my alley because I read mostly trashy books anyway...lol. So you will be seeing more of my own books alongside some audiobooks. 

4 comments:

  1. I read A Very Woodsy Murder and really liked it. I love that author's books. Interesting movies you're watching :) I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are trying to grow grass for out dog, lol, so I'm jealous of your jungle 😁 I hope you enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed that the AC holds! The Irish Bookshop Murder looks adorable and I can't wait to see your thoughts on it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The AC and the mower!!! How annoying!!!

    I need to see Aquarium of the Dead!!!

    I had to Google to see what Garbaugust is. Hahahaha how fun!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #97

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...