This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Week in Review #91

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Hi everyone, hope you all having a great day and that your week goes well.

I am still having the worst luck and have been stung by red wasp twice within the span of a week. Once on the bicep and once on my neck! I wasn't even doing anything to deserve getting stung but now every time I see a wasp of any kind in my room it's dead, I am out for revenge! I think I am mildly allergic because my face gets all tingly afterwards and I get really sleepy feeling and it gets really red. Hopefully this next week will be better!

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Nothing

Books Read Last Week

  • Flight Into Yesterday - One of my harlequins for the 70s and it was decent.
  • A Taste for Crime - I am now caught up on the Hope Street Church series and I enjoyed this one.

Currently reading

Reading a lot of from my own shelves for Garbaugust a fun reading event on Youtube.
  • Black Bird Oracle - Buddy reading this with Barb. We have been waiting a long time for this book to come out and it's different. I am still trying to get use to the changes as it's like a new era for these characters.
  • Coffin Corner - Series of short stories and I am not sure what I think. I have read two stories so far and to me they just didn't make a lot of sense.
  • Case of the Musical Cow - This is a standalone book by this author (Writer of Perry Mason), only about 40 pages in so I am not sure what I think yet.
  • April Evil - My first book from this vintage crime author. He is the author of Travis McGee but I haven't tried that series yet but have a few of the books. So far this one is okay as well but I am only 27 pages in.
  • An Irish Bookshop Murder - I didn't get a chance to read on this one so still only about 5% into the eARC.

What might be up next


Not a clue but I suspect I will be reading some of these I am currently reading. :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you have wasps in your house? I would run screaming if I saw one! Sorry about the stings, I think you might be allergic, be careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not sure where they are coming in from but its driving me crazy!

      Delete
  2. Yikes about the wasps! That's awful. I wish I saved my old Harlequins. I love that you are reading them. I should do that too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have been collecting them for a while so now trying to read some of them. It's interesting to see how not romantic they are as in sometimes it's hard for me to feel it's a romance...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pop a Benadryl when I get bit by anything.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was my #1 reason to get out of Arkansas and back home to L.A. Almost every afternoon there would be one of those huge black wasps in Mom's livingroom and I would have to chase it around with a can of Raid Hot Shot, screaming every time it flew in my direction. Sorry you keep getting stung by those evil red ones! She had those outside but only one ever got in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hope Street Church Series has my attention. I am adding one to my TBR. I had to look up red wasps. You poor thing. I was reading that the sting is very painful compared to other wasps. Thanks for the new recommendation for a new series. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Defintiely sounds like you might have an allergy to wasps. You might want to keep Benadryl around this time a year as they can be such pests. I really need to try the Hope Street Church series. I've enjoyed other books by Ellery Adams and that sounds like a good series. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #97

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...