This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Week in Review #92

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Wasp are still getting into my room even after I stuff plastic bags into the places I thought they were coming in which was around my AC, so I give up...lol. At least I haven't been stung but I did kill a few.
This week has been mild for August in the way of temps. It was really weird today that in August it was 76! I don't think I remember an August being that cool. It just makes me worry about what winter will be like. I really hate being cold. :(
Well, not really anything to talk about for this week so have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books I read Last Week

  • Fur Love or Money - The 11th book in one of my favorite series, The Second Chance Cat, and I enjoyed this one.
  • The Montauk Monster - Just a fun romp and chomp type books from one of my favorite creature feature authors. 

Books I am Currently Reading

  • Case of the Musical Cow - I am almost finished with this one! I am on page 115 of 197 and it's okay but I think I like the Perry Mason ones I have read better. This was a standalone from the author. 
  • Coffin Corner - I am not a fan of short stories but when they just end and I am left going that is all, I am even less of a fan...lol. I have only read a few of the stories so far but not really like any. Most have been only 5-10 pages, but the current one I am reading is 56 pages and I am liking it so far so hope it ends okay and not open ended like the other stories. Only on page 63 of 220
  • The Black Bird Oracle - Okay, I think I had pretty high expectations and at the same time wasn't sure what to expect, so I can't say I am loving it  but it's still not bad. On page 254 of 444.
  • An Irish Bookshop Murder - I am liking it I just have some issues with things I don't care to read about being in the book, but this author writing is good. 29% in to the eARC.

Hope you read a good book or two this week!

3 comments:

  1. All the bugs want to come inside right now, lol. We have spiders and ants unfortunately. I can't wait for the cold weather because they all go away then. (although that's the only thing I like about cold weather) Have a good week, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck about the wasps. We have all sorts of insects coming in and I hate it. I'm so far behind on the Second Chance Cat series. I really need to catch up. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 76 in August is unreal! I'm so sorry about the wasps. They are so hard to get rid of. A friend of mine was really struggling with getting rid of wasps and finally found a nest in the underside ridge of her gate. It was awful. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #97

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...