This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Summer Knight by Jim Butcher

Continuing our read of the Dresden Files as we read one each month. I love this series and it's a reread for me, but I couldn't remember half of what is going on...lol. After checking out what I have to say go on over to Booker T's Farm to see what Barb thought about it. 


HARRY DRESDEN -- WIZARD

Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment

Ever since his girlfriend left town to deal with her newly acquired taste for blood, Harry Dresden has been down and out in Chicago. He can't pay his rent. He's alienating his friends. He can't even recall the last time he took a shower.

The only professional wizard in the phone book has become a desperate man.

And just when it seems things can't get any worse, in saunters the Winter Queen of Faerie. She has an offer Harry can't refuse if he wants to free himself of the supernatural hold his faerie godmother has over him--and hopefully end his run of bad luck. All he has to do is find out who murdered the Summer Queen's right-hand man, the Summer Knight, and clear the Winter Queen's name.

It seems simple enough, but Harry knows better than to get caught in the middle of faerie politics. Until he finds out that the fate of the entire world rests on his solving this case. No pressure or anything...

-------------

Harry is his own worst enemy, especially when he opens his mouth. He is in a bit of trouble because of some events in the previous book. The red court vampires are not happy with him, more than one wizard wants to kill him and now he has to deal with the Winter Queen of Fairies as Mab wants him to find out who killed the Summer Knight, easy peasy right?

Not for Harry as nothing ever goes right for Harry Dresden the only wizard advertising in the Chicago phone book! 

I love this series, all the cast of characters even the ones you despise you still enjoy. Harry is one of my favorite characters of all time. I named my dog Dresden after him...lol. I love Murph, the young werewolves, some of the other wizards. Just a lot to love about this series. 

If you like Urban Fantasy but you haven't given it a try I highly recommend, especially on Audiobook as James Marster (Spike from Buffy) is the narrator. I will admit it takes him a few books into the series to really hit his stride with the characters but with each book you can tell he is more at ease and starts giving more characters there own flare.

5 stars

3 comments:

  1. I always knew that's where Dresden got her name and it's so cute. I am really enjoying this series and am so glad you convinced me to read it with you. I love Billy the werewolf and hope he shows up again in the future - as long as he doesn't die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stormi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I replied to your comment, but just in case you didn't see it, I wanted to say thanks for trying to follow also! I hope it works later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday I will get to this series, and I may try the audio!

    ReplyDelete

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Summer Knight by Jim Butcher

Continuing our read of the Dresden Files as we read one each month. I love this series and it's a reread for me, but I couldn't reme...