This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Thursday, September 24, 2026

E-ARC Review of Night Terror

 I received this book from NetGalley for a fair and honest review.


Who the hell holds up a bookstore? That’s what Noah asks when his favorite spot is suddenly targeted by masked attackers.

But these people don’t want a ransom. They are searching for Bleak Haven’s very own urban legend – The Burning Book.

When something with a thirst for flesh creeps from its pages, Noah must team up with the other hostages and try to escape the mall without turning their town into a bloodbath.

So, this is the second book in the Bleak Haven series, and after reading book one and enjoying it, I thought I would get to this one. This one is a lot different than book one and leans more into the paranormal, while book one felt more like a murder mystery with a bit of horror. 

Bleak Haven is a cursed town and has been host to many horrible serial killers, and the town always holds memorials every year, so they don't forget the dead. The teenagers in this one would have been babies during the Lullaby Man's reign of terror. They have grown up with these town memorials, and some have had enough, one being the town's mayor's own son. 

One night, while Noah, his best friend Matt, and Grace, a girl who always hangs out in the bookstore and is the owner, are held up by three teens who want the Burning Book, they want to prove it's nothing but stories. That having the book wouldn't do anything; they were wrong. 

The owner refuses to give them the book. Noah can't believe they would even think it was there, but they find it, and they will wish they never did, as out from the pages come the Holts, killers from the past. There is a reason why they are the ones that come out of the burning book, but you will have to read to find out. 

Now it's a fight for survival trapped inside a mall. 

This one started out okay, but I don't think I do well with stories that are closed up inside one area, as I get bored with the setting or something. I thought the story was decent, but by about 70% or so I was ready for it to be done and for them to figure out what they needed to do to get out. So that is probably just a me thing, and I think others might enjoy it more than I did. 

I thought that most of the boys were weak characters, and I don't like ones where it makes the girls so much better at things than the guys. 

I would recommend it if you like YA horror and think it sounds interesting. I just didn't like it as much as book one. 

3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

E-ARC Review of Night Terror

 I received this book from NetGalley for a fair and honest review. Who the hell holds up a bookstore? That’s what Noah asks when his favorit...