This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Week in Review #145

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So, it's been very hot here, with multiple days in the 100s, which just never happens often anyway, and we had a broken AC for most of it, so just nasty. So it was nice to have a day or two with some rain and a little cooldown. We will be headed back to the 90s this coming week, but I think the last of the 100s are over, I hope. :) Other than that I don't have much to chat about.

What I have read

  • An Exorcist Tells His Story - a non-fiction book by a famous exorcist, Father Gabriel Amorth, it was interesting.
  • The Doll House - a middle-grade horror book, and if any kind of doll-type story creeps you out, then you might not like this one, but I thought it was pretty decent and can see it being spooky for kids.
  • The Mystery of the Empty Room - a vintage mystery that wasn't very much of a mystery and was slightly boring, but the cover is pretty cool.
  • The Bitter Past - the first book in a mystery series, and it's set in the high deserts in Nevada around Area 51. This first one has a past and present timeline and is about nuclear bomb testing, Russian spies, and how that has to do with a murder in the present day. It was a decent start to a series.
Currently reading

  • Angels and Demons - Read this probably close to when it came out and the second one, but never continued the series, and now I kind of want to, but I needed to reread and see if I still find it interesting. So far it's going okay; I am listening to it on and off as it's not a high priority.
  • First Contact - The first book in the Experiencers series and one of my newer eARCs. It comes out in a few days, so trying to get it done somewhat close to the release date. :) Middle-grade alien book, going okay so far.
  • Night Terror - the second book in the Bleak Haven series and slightly more paranormal horror than the first book, which I found to be more murder mystery than horror. I am liking it so far; it's an older eARC from earlier this year, trying to get to some of them that have been neglected.
  • We Are For The Dark - another eARC that I think came out already this month, but hey, I am trying. :) It's a YA horror book, and so far it's okay, but not much has happened.
Hope you all are having a great reading week! Let me know what you're working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week in Review #145

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?   If you have nev...