This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Mini Review ~ Netgalley ARC ~ The Secret of Bow Lane


 A stranger who appears on Kat’s doorstep turns out to be one Charlotte Bristow, legal wife of Joe Bristow, the man Kat once believed herself married to—who she thought died at sea twelve years ago. Kat is jolted by Charlotte’s claims that not only was Joe murdered, but he had amassed a small fortune before he died. Charlotte makes the cook an offer she cannot refuse—if Kat can discover the identity of Joe’s murderer, Charlotte will give her a share of the fortune Joe left behind.

With the help of Daniel McAdam, her attractive and charismatic confidante, Kat plunges into her own past to investigate. When it becomes apparent that the case of Joe’s death goes far deeper than simple, opportunistic theft, Kat and Daniel’s relationship is put to the test, and Kat herself comes under scrutiny as her connection to Joe is uncovered. She must race to catch the real killer before she loses her job and possibly her life.


One of my favorite historical mystery series and I enjoyed this one very much!

If you have read the first book you would know all about the whole Joe Bristow thing, so I suggest going and reading that. 🙂 So Kat thought she was done with all that she has moved on and then Charlotte shows up wanting her help finding out what really happened to Joe and at first Kat is not on board with that but the more she thinks about things she really needs to know for her own peace of mind. So of course she noses around with the help of her friends from the working class and the higher class to find out what is going on.

At first I was a bit aggraveted at the author because of some things that happened between Kat and Daniel and I was like oh you best fix that…lol. I do like how that got resolved but I really missed him for a good bit of the story. I love all the charcters in this series and very invested in all the relationships that have slowly come about not only with Kat and Daniel but with Tess her cook assistant and Lady Cynthia who is very unconventional and fun.

This was very enjoyable! 4 stars!


4 comments:

  1. I should have known not to check out the new stomping grounds. I need another series to get hooked on like a hole in the head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good series to get hooked on though...lol. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you are still loving this series and glad you transitioned rather than quitting altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fun series! I am glad I downgraded to instead of quiting. It's weird because I now seem to want to blog as before I didn't so maybe the change was a good thing...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...