This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Two Bloggers One Book ~ Daisy Darker

 

This is a thriller I was curious about and so Barb and I tried it and we both were not fans...lol. Sometimes our taste align! Go check out Barb's thought at Booker T's Farm!


After years of avoiding each other, Daisy Darker’s entire family is assembling for Nana’s 80th birthday party in Nana’s crumbling gothic house on a tiny tidal island. Finally back together one last time, when the tide comes in, they will be cut off from the rest of the world for eight hours.


The family arrives, each of them harboring secrets. Then at the stroke of midnight, as a storm rages, Nana is found dead. And an hour later, the next family member follows…

Trapped on an island where someone is killing them one by one, the Darkers must reckon with their present mystery as well as their past secrets, before the tide comes in and all is revealed. 

My thoughts:

This book was really hyped as everyone was loving it, but there was one booktuber who hated it and since I like her channel it got me curious to see if I would like it or not and I wanted to know why she hated it. So I tried it and brought poor Barb along with me...lol.  I really don't get the hype on this one.

It's not just that the whole Darker family is horrible and unlikable and I didn't care if they all died, but it was so very boring. I am curious if I just like the thought of isolated thrillers but don't actually like them because I recently did a reading vlog on my youtube channel because of this book and well I didn't really care for all three isolated thrillers I read. I do think a lot of times it comes down to the ending in thrillers and well that was really the downfall of this one for me.

I really hated the ending, it made me roll my eyes a bit. I guessed parts of what was going on but there was a couple surprises but for me not good ones. It's hard to explain because its the ending but it just didn't work for me. 

I do want to try this author again but I will go in a bit hesitant and not expecting as much as I did with this one...lol. 

2 stars

6 comments:

  1. It really was the ending that did me in. I can handle unlikeable characters as long as the story is good but this was one of the most despicable and miserable families I ever met. Oh well, at least the dog lived! She was probably glad they died too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was the ending. It might have been a 3 but the ending ugh.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was the ending. It might have been a 3 but the ending ugh.

      Delete
  2. I liked this one more than you but the whole Darker family is completely awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it for all the reasons you didn't, lol. I loved the ending and even the horrible family😁

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...