This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Week in Review #21

 


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Besides it being a bit of a wet week, I am enjoying this warmer February. It's weird as I don't remember it being in the 50s during Feb. I will take it. :)

Don't have anything to say...lol.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog


Don't Close the Door Review

Books I have added

 Nothing! The Streak continues. I am just not seeing anything worth grabbing I guess. I am being more selective trying to work with the NG books I have that I haven't read. :)

Books read last week

 

  • The Pirate Lord - I had fun with this one! It makes me want to read the other two books in the trilogy.
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton - I really liked this one! It's probably my second favorite in the series so far.
  • The Quiche of Death - Agatha Raisin is a bit brusque in her manners and I can see why some don't like her, but I had fun with it.
  • The Aven Green series - This is a cute series about a girl born with no arms and how she doesn't let that stop her from doing things.

Currently reading

  • Daughter of Marignac - This one is a bit slow going, the print is real small and taking a while to get to the main point lots of set up. On page 64 of 312
  • An Immodest Proposal - This one on the other hand reads faster and has my attention more than the other print book. On page 84 of 238.
  • One of the Girls - Thriller about 6 women at a Hen party (aka bacholerette weekend) someone in the group doesn't want the MC to get married and someone ends up dead. You know someone is dead you just don't know who as you go through the book. Buddy reading this with Barb and she liked it so fingers crossed! I have 5 hours at 1.5x speed to go.

What might be up next

  • The Ladies of Missalonghi - Not read this author but curious to try her and this is a lot shorter than Thorn Birds. :)

How was your week? What did you get?


11 comments:

  1. One of the Girls sounds like fun, I need to add it to my list. And I'm glad your weather is warm! Have a good week😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far One of the Girls isn't bad, Barb liked it so hoping I will too.

      Delete
  2. I read Quiche of Death years ago and really enjoyed it. I have to get back to the Agatha Raisin series. It's a good one. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am hoping to continue on with Agatha Raisin, I tend to start a series then forget about it because of all the other series I start. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh One of the Girls! I've been wanting to get thta, I loved the Blue by that author. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first one by this author so hoping it's a good one! :)

      Delete
  4. I also read Blue by Clarke but haven't heard of this one - it sounds good. Enjoy!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-37

    ReplyDelete
  5. Romancing Mister Bridgerton is a favorite of mine -- not just in the Bridgerton series; it's also in my top ten romances. I haven't read your other books.

    We had a few warm and beautiful days this week, too. Now it's back to cold and raining. I didn't get enough winter weather this winter, but I think I'm almost ready for it to be spring anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try again Agatha Raisin.
    Yes also so weird to have mid 50s in Chicagoland right now, when usually we have lots of snow. But I hate the cold and snow, so I'm enjoying every minute of our climate mess.
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/02/12/sunday-post-78-02-12-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its been could and rainy where I live.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #77

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...