This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Week in Review #22

 


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

The week started out okay but then I ended up with a head cold and I am not happy. I nose is so stopped up blah. Hope it is over quickly as it's messing up my reading!

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

The getting nothing streak is over...lol. I did really good with that streak. :)
  • Stalking Around the Christmas Tree - Love this series and this is a fun one because my friend Tiffany interviewed the author who is Julie Ann Lindsay and said how much she always wanted to be a victim in a cozy, so JAL made her the victim in this book! She is so excited...lol.
  • A Rogue for the Dutiful Duchess - Been reading lots of romance so I might have checked out what was coming out and grabbed a couple...lol.
  • The Night She Met the Duke - I know nothing about it I just like historicals...lol.

Books read last week

  • One of the Girls - Another Thriller flop for me, it was kind of slow and more of a women's fiction with a side of thriller as it wasn't very thrilling till the last little section. 2 stars.
  • The Game is a Footnote - The latest book in the Sherlock Holmes Bookshop and I enjoyed it! 4 stars.
  • The Forbidden Lord - Second book in the Lord trilogy and it was a lot of fun! 4 stars.
  • The Ladies of Missalonghi - Not much of a romance for a romance book and kind of boring. 2 stars.
  • Death by the Dozen - The third book in the Cupcake Bakery series and it was okay. This has just been a okay series for me so far. 3.5 stars.

Currently reading

  • The Immodest Proposal - I thought I would get this one finished but then the cold happened and print reading just went out the window.
  • Daughter of Marignac - This one is going a bit slow.
  • Death Thread - Need to have it done by the weekend so it will be the one I work on the most.
  • Captive Star - Second book in the Stars of Mithra series and would like to get it read before the month is over so getting started on it now.
  • Sapphire Flames - Buddy read with Barb, just getting started.

What might be up next

 I got plenty going so just hope to finish up some of them. :)

How was your week? What did you get?

8 comments:

  1. I hope your cold goes away soon, colds always make me fuzzy and I can't read either😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's messing with my mojo! :) At least I can listen to audiobooks as long as I don't fall asleep. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no, hope you feel better.

    That's a bummer about Girls- I had high hopes for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You like like One of the Girls more than me Barb did. :)

      Delete
  3. Love mysteries and romance books. Enjoy.

    https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cupcake Bakery series sounds a lot of fun, enjoy!
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/02/19/sunday-post-79-02-19-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate being sick and congestion is no fun. I hope you're feeling better. I love the Christmas tree series though I've only read the first book. I'm hoping to get to the rest of this series this year.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...