This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Review of High-Stakes Blizzard

 



Pursued through a snowstorm…


Will they live to find the truth?

Rain Jordan doesn’t know what really happened during her troubled brother’s final days. But someone is hunting her and her dog, Maple, through a ferocious mountain blizzard. Rain’s only hope is her firefighter ex, David Hernandez, who’s determined to protect his heart this time. Together, they must battle killer conditions and lethal surprises…even if survival threatens to separate them for good.


That little bit of a blurb pretty much sums up this book. It sounds a lot more interesting that it actually was at least for me.

This is a second chance romance and pretty much the whole thing happens out in the freezing snow. Rain's brother is dead and she went to the cliff he died on to sort of have a memorial where she is confronted by a stranger on a snowmobile and a gun. He says that her brother had something that belongs to him and he wants it, she has no clue what the man is talking about.

Quick thinking gets her away from the man but it also lands her at the bottom of a large snow bank and a hurt ankle, so she has no other choice but to call David her ex who lives in the area. He didn't expect to get a call from her but David goes anyway. This puts him in a lot of trouble as there is a guy with a gun trying to find them. 

So basically they are trying to figure out what her brother was into and keep away for a bad guy in the freezing cold snow while they are on skis and the other guy has a snowmobile. And that is pretty much the whole of this story. We are in the snow, the freezing cold snow, though they rarely mention being cold. I don't care if they have great snow gear on I know I would be cold!

It also gives them a chance to think about their past relationship, the one that Rain desolved because of her fear of him getting hurt. 

To me this was kind of the most boring action packed book ever as we are in the woods the whole time.  Could be just me as I don't really care for books that just take place in one place especially a cold place and the two people don't really seem to be cold during the whole thing. There was a few mentions towards the end of the book but I am sure a couple hours in the blizzard conditions I would be frozen and complaining even if in my head.

2.5 stars

2 comments:

  1. After living through a snowy winter for the first time, I'm not going to be reading any book where the characters are constantly cold, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...