This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Week in Review #27



The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This week was busy with going with my father to his dr. appointments and making sure all went smoothly then we went with a friend to the Museum of Native American History which was pretty cool, it's in Arkansas and only about an hour from where I live in Missouri.

Some pics:

Then we went and seen a waterfall!


Have a great day and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of High-Stakes Blizzard
Review of A Sinister Revenge

Books I have added

 Nothing! I think it's mostly because I am being more picky and just not as interested in modern books. Would rather read my older ones.

Books read last week

  • High-Stake Blizzard - The most boring action packed book ever. :( I just don't do well with the whole of a book being in one place I guess, this place being out in a blizzard in the woods.
  • A Great Deliverance - The first book in the Inspector Lynley and I enjoyed it!
  • Wined and Died in New Orleans - The second book in the Vintage Cookbook series and I enjoyed it and it caught me up with the series.
  • Of Manners and Murder - First book in the Dear Miss Hermione series and it was a lot of fun! Definitely a cozy historical mystery.
  • Delphine and the Dark Thread - This was a decent sequel to The Silver Needle.
  • Aven Green Soccer Machine - This one was okay and I think kids would like it.
  • The Treasure Test - Sequel to Hide and Geek and I had fun with it.
  • Rare Birds - A Contemporary Middle Grade book that will make you cry!! I hate crying! It was still good.

Currently reading

  • The Gamble - I haven't read any more on this one (take that back I decided to listen to it while writing this), so I still haven't gotten far. I am more into the Mysteries for March Mystery Madness or Middle Grade for Middle Grade March so Romance isn't really my mood, it's not because I hate it or anything it's really good!
  • The Black Echo - I am almost done with this one and really enjoying it! 80 pages left.
  • The Pale Blue Eye - I just started this one but would like to finish it soon so I can watch the Netflix movie. :)
  • Monster Match - Just started it but so far it's cute.

What might be up next

How was your week? What did you get?


12 comments:

  1. Ooh, I forgot about the Pale Blue Eye Netflix movie, that is one I want to watch! So you're a fellow Missourian? Did I know that already? lol That museum looks like a really interesting one I'd like to visit sometime. Looks like a lot of good books this week, for the most part. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mention the state I live in much so you might not have known...lol. :)

      Delete
  2. The waterfall and museum sound great. We have a significant Native American presence here too in Michigan and I love elarning more about that culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! They have one of the largest tool type collection in the US. So many arrow and spear heads.

      Delete
  3. Oooh! All of these books sound interesting!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    And my Sunday Watch for movie and TV fans!

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love waterfalls, that is so cool. And I would definitely visit that museum😁 Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The museum sounds like fun. Great pics! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The museum looks fascinating and the waterfall is beautiful! A week of no new books is always good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...