This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Week in Review #29 ~ Happy Easter

 

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So I learned cleaning can be painful as I was trying to clean out the catch all room, my dream is to someday make it my library. I was moving boxes around and going through them and then the next day my back was hurting but still not real bad but the day after that I couldn't hardly get out of bed, felt like I was 90, hunched over. Of course this was on Good Friday and my doctor was closed and I don't have the extra money for an emergency room visit, so I toughed it out. Took some ibruprofin and rested. Yesterday I felt a little better but still hurts. I hate being a chunky gal and trying to lose weight but that is not going real great. It just makes my body ache so much! So anyway wasn't the greatest of weeks. :( Upside, I found two boxes of books I had forgotten about so I have something to go through. :)

HAPPY EASTER!!!


Books I have added

Ghosts, Toast and other Hazards - Only thing I remember is it has a ghost elephant in it and that was enough...lol.

Books read last week

  • Dog Squad - This was a cute middle grade book!
  • Whale Done - The latest Funjungle book, I love this series!
  • April Fools - Old school horror fun but it could have been better.
  • Scaredy Cat - This one was a bit to silly for me but still cute.
  • Bright Young Dead - A decent historical mystery.
  • The Gamble - I enjoyed this one but thought it was a tad to long.
  • Hidden Summit - This one enjoyable. Almost finished with this series as Barb and I have only 4 to go!

Currently reading

  • The Last Party - I have just started this one so no opinion on it yet, only really read the prologue. This is an audiobook too, like 3% in.
  • The Scottish Ladies Detective Agency - This one comes out this month and it's a little slow but only 22% into the ebook so it still has time to pick up, the murder hasn't happened yet so hopefully that will get it to pick up.
  • A Discovery of Witches - I am sure you have seen this on here before! I am hosting a readalong on my youtube channel as I had some people ask me about it, so doing a reread. :)
  • Just Plain Murder - I am enjoying this one and I am over halfway so should get this finished soon.
  • Spy Camp Graphic Novel - This is an ARC and also a reread as I have read the actual book but now reading it in graphic novel format. So fun!
  • Treacherous is the Night - This one is okay so far but only about 18% into the audiobook.

What might be up next


How was your week? What did you get?


13 comments:

  1. Sorry about your back😬 My husband and I joke around all the time that we wake up with odd pains but can't remember doing anything to get them, lol. I had that happen when I had to shovel snow, and two days later I could barely move my arm, lol. Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who is chunky I hear ya! I hope it recovers soon

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope you're feeling better. Happy Easter and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had back troubles a few times and initially ice helped to reduce inflammation and any swelling. Later I used a heating pad. I hope it improves.

    I have The Last Party on hold at the library but was waiting for the COYER mystery RAT.


    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try ice, I have tried heat and it doesn't really work much. Neither does any of the pain pills I have taken.

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter! I hope your back is feeling better. Yay for finding boxes of books :)

    I have Treachrous is the Night to get, I liked the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at least there was a good thing that came out of my back pain!

      Delete
  6. Happy Easter! I hope your cleaning goes better.

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    And my Sunday Watch for movie and TV fans!

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your back and I hope you're feeling better. If your ER is anything like the one that's closest to me it's smart not to go regardless of cost. It's a crazy long wait and who knows what all you'll be exposed to in the waiting room. I hope you're feeling better and are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #78

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...