This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Week in Review #31


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

This past week most of my spare time has been used cleaning out a part of our house that seemed to be the catch all for all things. It's an open area room upstairs next to my room that has never been completely fixed (We built our own house and this section sort of just got forgotten) and I want to make it into a library so been cleaning it out slowly since it wreaks havoc on my back.

I needed a Discovery of Witches TV series fix so subscribed to Shudder for a few months so I can watch it. It's probably more of a Matthew Goode fix...lol. :) That is pretty much the only thing I have watched of interest this past week.

Oh and I think Spring is confused because we had a Frost Warning last night and it was 32....burr!

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of The Scottish Ladies Detective Agency
Review of The Grand Sophy

Books I have added

  • Murder in the Scottish Hills - I enjoyed The Scottish Ladies Detective Agency and so when I seen another one was coming out next month I had to grab it. :)

Books read last week

  • Let's Get Invisible - It's the 6th book in the Goosebump series and I thought it was okay.
  • The Grand Sophy - It was okay, Sophy was fun but didn't feel like much of a romance book.
  • Breaking Silence - Very dark Amish books, so not cozy...lol. Really like this series though! Kate Burkholder use to be Amish but left and now she is a police chief.
  • Spy Camp Graphic Novel - Enjoying my second time reading this series but though Graphic novel form.
  • The Five - This was okay, makes me want to read a Ripper book now though. 
  • I Want My Hat Back - Cute picture book, read it for Picture This Readathon.
  • I Will Chomp You! - Another cute picture book.
  • The Scottish Ladies Detective Agency - I enjoyed this one but thought the first part was a bit slow. 

Currently reading

  • A Discovery of Witches - I need to speed up my read so I am done by the end of the month but really enjoying my reread.
  • Gone Missing -The Fourth book in the Kate Burkholder. Just started this one on chapter 4.
  • Cover Her Face - Almost finished, it's okay.
  • Gustav Gloom - Just starting this one.
  • The World of All Souls - This is interesting, kind of a fictional behind the scenes look at the world of All Souls, like you get all the charcters broken down, more about the world and all that good stuff.

What might be up next


How was your week? What did you get?


11 comments:

  1. Ooh a whole room devoted to a library? That's so cool. My books (when I finally get them organized) will be spread out throughout the house, lol. Have a great week, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can ever get it all cleaned up! I think we are boarderline hoarders! :)

      Delete
  2. It'll be so nice to have your own library! Murder in the Scottish Hills sounds good, happy reading this week! The weather is confused here too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A library sounds perfect! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 40 here today, it just won't warm up. We hit 80's once and then it dropped again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m jealous, one of these days I’ll have a library room of my own!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I need to clean out my house someday! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck fixing up the library! What fun but definitely sounds like its physically exhausting. I really want to like PD James but at best they're fine. I think my favorite is Death at Pemberley (or something like that) involving Mr. Darcy himself. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious about Death at Pemberley, I think they made a movie on that one that I seen.

      Delete

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...