This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Week in Review #33


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Hi everyone! Not much to report on this week. It rained, it was cool and now it's pretty warm as I am writing this...lol.

Still in the mood for killer animal movies so I found one on Freevee I hadn't heard of called The Hatching, it was a crocodile movie set in the UK, I am guess because of the actors. It was okay but had a bit of a silly ending...lol.

Other than that not really anything to report, I am such an introvert and in my free time I read. :)

What you might have missed on my blog


Waiting on Wednesday featuring Nightmare Island

Books I have added

  • The Horror of Haglin House - I know it doesn't look like a crime novel but it is...lol. I think it's the first in a new series I think it's the first in the Lady Violet Thorn series and she is a writer. I just really liked the cover...lol.
  • West Heart Kill - I am not sure if I will enjoy this one or not but I was curious so grabbed it while it was on Read Now on Netgalley. It sounded like it could be kind of a literary mystery and I don't know if that will be for me...lol. I love the cover of this one two with the gun for a chimney! :)

Books read last week

  • The Nightmare Man - This was an interesting horror book! I have been listening to this a little at a time for a while in the mornings. :)
  • Cameron Battle an the Escape Plan - This was okay, and it finishes a douology.
  • Haru, Zombie Dog Hero - I wanted to like this one more than I did, I might have went on a bit about that in my review. I liked this authors Spirit Hunter series more.
  • Who Was Daniel Boone - This was interesting and I think the best way for me to consume biograhies...lol.
  • Nessie Quest - This contemporary Middle Grade was so cute and fun! I am pretty hit or miss with contemporary so was glad this was a hit! Characters were just great!
  • My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish - Super cute start to a series. Read for Zombieathon a month long readathon on booktube.
  • Malamander - Reread as I would like to continue the series but couldn't remember much about this one as it had been a few years. Still a good one.
  • Dead City - Another fun zombie book for the readathon. It's the first in a trilogy and I like this author so can't wait to finish up the trilogy.
I listened to all of these except for two of the middle grade books. :)

Currently reading

  • Shadow of Night - The second book in the All Souls Trilogy, this is a reread and I will be taking my time with it all month long. Reading the print book and on page 58 of 577.
  • Emerald Blaze - The 5th book in the Hidden Legacy series. I am listening to this on 2x speed and should finish it today as I am about 77% into it.
  • Skandar and the Unicorn Thief - First book in the Skandar series, trying to work on my backlog of netgalley books, found it on audiobook. Just started on on Saturday night so only 11% to the audio at 2x speed.
  • Knightley and Son - Trying to get to some books on my shelves so reading this one in print and it's kind of slow right now and hoping it gets better. I am on page 68 of 308.
  • Field of Screams - Just getting started on this one, it's an eARC that comes out in a month or two, I can't remember when. It's a ghost story and it's okay so far but only 11% in to the ebook.
  • Fablehaven - Another book off of my shelf that I have had for a long time. It's a bit slow to start but I think it's about to get better as we have finally got to some fairy sightings. :) Reading the print book so page 74 of 351.

What might be up next

How was your week? What did you get?


10 comments:

  1. I almost grabbed West Heart Kill too, but then I looked at all my unread NetGalley books and decided not to, lol. Have a good week Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here with the weather. Been cool and rainy and all of a sudden today it's humid.

    I was always curious about Fablehaven, it looked fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fablehaven was a bit slow to start but now it's getting a bit more interesting. :)

      Delete
  3. Our weather seems to alternate between rain, wind and sun but the temps always remain warm.

    You did a lot of reading last week. I hope this is a good week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One good thing about middle grade books they read quickly...lol. :) Hope your having a great week!

      Delete
  4. Can’t say I’ve ever been in the mood for killer animal movies lol

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they are my favorite horror movies. :)

      Delete
  5. It's warmed up the last few days but unfortunately the humidity has shown up too which makes it a little less pleasant outside! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...