This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Week in Review #41

 The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Another very long feeling week and I am done with all things...ugh. Still having problems with my heart rate and breathing, the doc still wants me to have the stress test that I can't afford. He has me taking a low dose asprin just in case.

Then the back drivers side wheel came off while were were headed to my dads doctors appointment, thank godness were were not going real fast as the car was making a noise. Not only was that a problem but several other things, so more cost we can't afford.

Hopefully July will be a good month as its my birthday month!!

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Death Knells and Wedding Bells
Review of Sacred Evil

Books I have added

  • Now You See It - The latest in one of my favorite cozy series, Witch City!
  • The Enemy at Home - Trying something a bit different. It's a historical suspense novel of a WWII serial killer!! I am not a huge fan of books set during WWII but this sounded interesting. :)

Books read last week

  • Death Knells and Wedding Bells - The latest book in the Lighthouse Library series and one of my favorite series.
  • The Rider of Lost Creek - This wasn't bad but I can't say that I have turned into a western reader...lol.
  • Full Dark House - For my friend that passed away last week a group of us had a Janellathon where we read books that reminded us of Janelle and I bought this book on her recomendation and it was interesting.
  • Black Coffee - Reading Agatha Christie was my friends favorite thing so I picked up the next book in Hercule Piorot that I needed to get too, I liked it.
  • The Snatcher of Raven Hollow - If you like goosebumps you will enjoy this fun new series!
  • Ghost Don't Ride Bikes, Do they? - This series is a cute short chaper book series and a lot of fun.

Currently reading

  • The Book of Life - I have a lot of carry overs this month because I added in the books for the readathon. So still working on this reread and enjoying it. I am in no hurry just enjoying it. I am 227 pages into it.
  • Clara Poole and the Long Way Around - Haven't worked much on this one so still only about 8% into it.
  • Mystery in the Highlands - Same with this one so only a few percent into it.
  • The Duke's Wager - For my Bday month I am reading my retro books, only read a page so far as I just added it. :)
  • Murder at the Vicarage - My first Miss Marple for Janellathon. Only two chapters in.
  • Persuasion - Reread because this was Janelle's favorite Jane Austen and it's Jane Austen July so I figured it was fitting and it's my favorite. I have little under 3 hours left of the audiobook.
  • Sticking to Her Guns - Still around 34% but enjoying it. :)

What might be up next

 Need to finish some I am reading. :)

How was your week? What did you get?


10 comments:

  1. Sorry about your heart rate😬 I hope things improve. And happy birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stay indoors in Ohio because of the bad air from Canadian wildfires. It has given me a cough and bronchitis that I'm still trying to get rid of..... and the fires will last till the next snowfall, I bet.

    Harvee at https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those fires are bad! Stay safe that air can be real bad.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the heart thing. Hope you have a nice Fourth though! And happy birthday this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear all you've been going through. I hope things get better for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish medical tests like that didn't cost so much. There has to be a better way so everyone can get the medical treatment and care they need. I am sorry you are having to deal with medical issues and now car issues. It's all too much at once. I hope you find some relief soon.

    I have read a couple of the Witch City books and hope to read more. I hope you enjoy the latest!

    I hope you have a better week this week! Take care and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish these test cost less too! It's crazy how expensive things are. :(

      Delete
  6. Looks like you have a lot of good reading ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the Carol J Perry too! I was so afraid the series was ending after the last book so was so excited to see this one. I'm sorry for all the stress this past week. Definitely not what you need. I hope you've been enjoying your reading and having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure that wheel flying off your car didn't help your heart rate any! Jeeeezus! Glad you're ok after that!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...