This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Week in Review #46


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So thanks to all who sent prayers and possi vibes but it was a bust. So I went to see the Dr. and evidently my other doctor never sent him anything, so he didn't know why he was seeing me, so I sat in the room forever and thought they forgot me. Then his nurse practitioner came in telling me what was wrong and asked me all sorts of questions so I had to explain what my doctor has done regarding my heart and why I was there, then she left and was gone forever!

Then finally he came in and talked with me and then said he finally got my info and doesn't think anything is wrong with my heart but that I am just fat (my term not his, his is fancy like deconditioning), sighs. He said he doesn't like doing stress test but if I wanted he would set up a calcium screening as it's suppose to show how much is in the heart as that is what causes blockages, so I said better safe than sorry and wanted to know if anything was wrong so I have an appointment for it on Wednesday. So hopefully all goes well.

I also need to just crack down on the eating but it's so hard. I hate cooking for one thing and living with my father who likes to eat out doesn't help. We go walking but I need to start some other exercise, but it's hard when my body doesn't cooperate!

So other than that I don't have much to report.

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of The Paris Agent
Waiting On Wednesday - Finch House

Books I have added

  • Slime Doesn't Pay - I was excited to get approved for this one as I have tried for R.L. Stine books before and got denied...lol.
  • Finch House - Featured this one on my Waiting on Wed. post and now I have it! :)

Books read last week

  • The Paris Agent - Historical Fiction book that I thought was okay, just not a fan of WWII setting and was hoping there would be more of a mystery surrounding the double agent.
  • To Sir Phillip With Love - I LOVED this one! I am really enjoying the Bridgerton series, I haven't decided if I want to watch the show as I know it will be different...lol.
  • The Murder of Mr. Wickham - This was really fun, it's centers around all the characters from Jane Austen's novels and the author seems to be killing off the villains from the books...lol.
  • Five Survive - I thought this was decent, liked Good Girls Guide to Murder more though.
  • The Counterfeit Scoundrel - Loved this one! It's my first by this author but not my last. I may have to get to book two in this series soon. :)

Currently reading

  • The Dangerous Lord - The third book in the Lord Trilogy and I am 100 pages into it and enjoying it. It's my print book.
  • The Gilded Web - First book in the Web series and I am enjoying this one too but not as far only about 8% into the ebook.
  • Finders Keepers - The second book in the Bill Hodges trilogy and like most King books it's slow to start and I am about 22% into it and it's just meh...lol.

What might be up next

 


How was your week? What did you get?


7 comments:

  1. It is good you are doing that additional test but I know it was a long day for what seems like nothing. I got the R.L. Stein book too! Hope FK picks up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, either way I would like to know so I can have a bit more peace of mind. I hope FK picks up too! :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the whole doctor visit thing, ugh! Our health care system is so messed up. I hope Finders Keepers picks up😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it picks up too! 36% into it and the main character the book is named after hasn't even come into play yet! Come on Stephen King, stop it with the chatty nonsense! :)

      Delete
  3. I do hope the doctors can give you more answers. I know the feeling of not knowing what's wrong. I hope the Stephen King book gets better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the test! I like to eat out too and it's hard to be healthy that way. Even if you try to order healthy stuff it doesn't always work lol. Crazy though about having to wait that long. I've heard more and more of those kinds of miscommunications.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about the doctor communication blip. How frustrating! I've had the calcium test done and it's not bad and doesn't take that long so hopefully that will go smoothly. It is difficult to work on your diet when people you live with don't cooperate and it's even harder to eat healthy when you eat out. Good luck and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...