This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Week in Review #52

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Weather wise this week was nice and I don't mind fall like weather but I have heard about how the winter might be so I am not really ready for summer to end yet.

Not really anything to report except I watched Virgin River season 5 and it's still basically a hate watch as I really hate what they have done to some of my favorite characters from the book series but some things were interesting.

Hope you all have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of Jackaby

Books I have added

  • They Stalk the Night - Horror book about some sort of creature.
  • No Romancing the Passengers - A mystery book on the sea.
  • Accidently His - Third book in the Designing Debutant series and I can't wait to get to this one!

Books read last week

  • The Great Pet Heist - This was a cute animal story. It's the first in a series.
  • Game - This is the second book in the I Hunt Killer trilogy and wow that ending! I might need to get to the last book sooner rather than later...lol.
  • Mrs. Smith's Spy School For Girls - First in a trilogy and it was fun.
I am on a middle grade kick right now...lol.

Currently reading

  • IT - Still working on this one slowly. On page 251 of 1138. I am 23% into the audiobook.
  • Spy School Goes North - I am enjoying this but I just didn't really read much on my print or ebooks this week (Watched VR season 5). So on page 68 of 287.
  • The Fairfleet Affair - I am not sure if I am going to like this one. Just something about it bores me. I am on page 54 of 262.
  • Witches Get Stuff Done - So far I am enjoying this one. I am 20% into the ebook.
  • Bait and Witch - First book in the Witch Way Librarian cozy mystery series and it's strange but not bad. I am listening to this one so I think I am about 58% into it.
  • S.O.S - The second book in the Curious League of Detective and Thieves, it's kind of silly but fun. I am listening to this one and I am 25% into it.

What might be up next

 Not sure.

How was your week? What did you get?


7 comments:

  1. You've got a bunch of fun-looking books there! And yes... I know what you mean about Virgin River - I got very fed up with the direction of the storyline after the first 2 seasons so haven't gone any further. Have a great week:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to start a new small town romance series. And you know how I feel about the Virgin River Netflix show. Uggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great Pet Heist looks cute! Also Witches Get Stuff Done. It is one of my favorite Stephen King books. I haven't heard yet about winter weather, but I am not a fan of summer weather, I'd prefer to snuggle up under a blanket to stay warm, so I"m ready! Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to start watching Virgin River, but I also want to read the series. I only read the first two books several years ago. I loved them but I never got back to reading it. I hate when they ruin books on TV or in the movies, though.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been cooling off and while I like fall, I'm not ready yet for winter. I need more summery weather lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to watch Virgin River so I know what everyone's talking about, lol. Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could be the first time I say I wouldn't mind if it was cold but no snow. I heard we might get a lot this year also.

    I keep hearing mixed stuff about that show, not sure it is my type of watch but I totally understand hating something and watching anyway lol

    Have a great week, Stormi! Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...