This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Week in Review #55


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. My week wasn't bad but not really anything to report on that I can think of. I am not a fan of the weather right now as it's cold! We had a night time low of 37 the other day and that is just unacceptable in October, to cold. I want my summer back! :) I am so not ready for cold weather. :(

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Waiting on Wednesday - Hatchet Girls
Happy Release Day! Spy School Goes North

Books I have added

 Netgalley Audio
  • Midnight is the Darkest House - Was given the audiobook for this right when it was coming out, so hoping to make room for it soon. Thanks Tantor Audio!

Books read last week

These were all audiobooks
  • Scariest. Book. Ever. - First in a new Goosebump series called House of Shivers. It was fun and I think R.L. Stine has upped his creep factor a bit.
  • Murder at the Merton Library - The lastest book in one of my favorite historical mystery series and I enjoyed it a lot.
  • Flock Horror - Book three of Dread Woods and this one had vampire birds! It was fun.
  • Battle Ground - I finally ripped my heart out and read this one. I hate when they kill of a beloved character. This is book 17 in the Dresden Files and the author needs to get busy with the next one! It's been three years!
  • The Dark Lord Clementine - A cute story about a young girl whose father is the dark lord and he has been cursed and she has to take over but doesn't like it much.
  • Scritch Scratch - This was a reread of a favorite book. Was just as good the second time.
  • Camp Sylvania - Fun vampire story set at a wellness camp with some plump characters.
  • The Great Ghost Hoax - Second book in the Great Pet Heist series and so cute!!
  • Very Important Corpse - Book three in the Ishmael Jones series and it's been a while since I read one but didn't take long to get back into it. It's an interesting blend of urban fantasy and mystery.

Currently reading

  • IT - I didn't work on this much but I am at 60% and so I think I still can get it done this month.
  • All Hallows - I am around 56% into the audiobook, it's okay but kind of slow going.
  • There's No Way I'd Die First - I didn't work much on this one but did just get the audiobook so I will be working on it this week.
  • I Know What You Did Last Summer - I was curious how different it was from the movie. :) Just started it so around 20%.
  • If Found Us - This is my print book and I am 75 pages into it and enjoying it.

What might be up next

 I have so many middle grade spookies out on my Libby so hopefully some of them. :)

How was your week? What did you get?

5 comments:

  1. Your reading list sounds perfect for October. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here with the weather. Had to turn the heat on.

    Darkest Hour looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not ready for the cold either. I would love to start Jim Butcher's series at some point. Have a good week, Stormi:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been cold all week! I'm glad it's not in the 100s but I don't like being cold. You've got some seriously spooky reads going on. I do need to read more of the Andrea Penrose series. I finally read the first book and really enjoyed it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...