This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter

 


Barb and I are just plowing right on through the Jackaby series. Once you see what I had to say you can go and check out what Barb thought at Booker T's Farm.


Jenny Cavanaugh, the ghostly lady of 926 Augur Lane, has enlisted the investigative services of her fellow residents to solve a decade-old murder—her own. Abigail Rook and her eccentric employer, Detective R. F. Jackaby, dive into the cold case, starting with a search for Jenny’s fiancé, who went missing the night she died. But when a new, gruesome murder closely mirrors the events of ten years prior, Abigail and Jackaby realize that Jenny’s case isn’t so cold after all, and her killer may be far more dangerous than they suspected.

Fantasy and folklore mix with mad science as Abigail’s race to unravel the mystery leads her across the cold cobblestones of nineteenth-century New England, down to the mythical underworld, and deep into her colleagues’ grim histories to battle the most deadly foe she has ever faced.

Okay, so I am going to start by saying I was really excited for this book and so maybe I hyped it up a bit but it was a bit of a let down compared to the other books. 

In this series there is a ghost Jenny that hangs out where Jackaby lives and she has never wanted Jackaby to find out what happened to her, but lately she has been having some moments and she is finally ready.

I really like Jenny so I was so excited to get to her story but it was kind of a let down and there was a few things in it that made me really roll my eyes as it didn't need to be there to make the story go and it felt a tad bit preachy about certain things. After that happened I just lost a bit of interest in the story. 

It also gets a little confusing for me about what all is going on so I really don't remember much about what happened. Jackaby and Rook decide to try and figure out what happened to Jenny and they start looking for what might have happened to her boyfriend who disappeared the night she died making him seem a bit suspicious. Then a new murder happens that seems to be a lot like what happened to Jenny and this leads them to some other not so nice people and some don't really want to be messed with and there is a lot going on in on the otherworldly scene and that is about what I remember. 

I love Jackaby and Rook and though it was interesting finding out what happened to Jenny I guess I just hyped things up and was let down a bit. I am curious to see what will happen next as there is this Dire King they have to battle I am guessing. :) 

3.5 stars

4 comments:

  1. You were a tad more generous than I was and I agreed, I think we like Jenny so much we really hyped this one up in our own minds. I am hoping book 4 will help me appreciate this one a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this wasn't as good as you expected...

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...