This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Week in Review #101

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

So this week went a lot smoother than the previous week. Got the car fixed and it seems to be doing pretty good so hopefully it stays that way for a bit. 

I didn't do a lot this week but read during my free time. Middle grade  and kids books make me feel like a fast reader...lol. 

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added


Nothing!

Books I Read

I took a few hours one day and read some seasonal picture books and they were a lot of fun! 

  • The Skull - This one is popular but I didn't really get it. The artwork was great though a bit dreary.
  • Cyclops Witch and the Heebie Jeebies - This was a cute one about a witch who was scared of children and it had several different other creatures featured in it. I loved the artwork.
  • I Need My Monster Series - I am grouping the four together as they are a series. These were very cute and I loved the artwork. These stories are about a boy and his monster who lives under his bed. 
I read a lot this week, way more than I relized till I made this post. None of these books were very long and I listened to most of them. Middle grade books are easy to read but I still did great. I guess you can tell I have no life...lol. 
  • Mummy Man and Waffles - I read this one and it had a lot of fun illustrations. This was just a lot of fun. Movie props that came to life, clown vampires, zombie squirrels, and of course the mummy. :) 
  • Nighty Nightmare/Return to Howliday Inn - I listened to a bind up of Bunnicula #4 and #5, I loved these books as a kid and it's been a lot of fun reading through them again. 
  • Wild Wave - Book Three in the Wilds series. I listened to this one and its a fun survival adventure book. It's short and is packed with action. Very unbelievable at times but fun. I have enjoyed this whole series.
  • The Halloween Tree - This was a very strange, short read. It's my first time reading it and I think I need to read it again next year just to make sure I got everything out of it...lol. It was very strange.
  • Ghost in the Attic - This is the second book in a cute chapeter book series called Haunted Library. It's about Claire and her ghost friend who open a ghost detective agency.
  • Cursed Cruise - Second book in the Horror Hotel series and I wasn't a fan. It's a YA series and I wasn't a fan of book one but was hoping the second would be better and it wasn't.
  • Night of the Living Mummy - This is the third book in the House of Shivers series and it was fun, not sure how I feel about the ending but it was good. 
  • Surf's Up, Creepy Stuff - The third book in the chapter book series called Desmond Cole, Ghost Patrol. It was just as cute as the first two, great for spooky season.
  • Attack of the Forty-Foot Chicken - The second book in the Bonker! series and it was cute but left me hanging so I will be reading the third book soon. Hoping to get the audiobook but if not I will read it as they are quick.

Currently Reading

  • Caught Dead - I haven't been working on this one like I should, so hopefully this week I will get more into it. I think I am around 16% into it. This is on ebook.
  • The Kolchak Papers - This is a bind up of the two original Kolchak books. I never knew it there were books before the show! Almost finished with this audiobook.
  • The Creepening of Dogwood House - Just starting this audiobook.
How did your week go? Hope you had a great week!








6 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for your car. Lots of cute books this week, I love spooky middle grade books!

    Have a great week, Stormi! Happy Reading! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, spooky middle grade is about all I read when it comes to horror these days. The adult stuff bores me...lol.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get your car fixed. You did do a lot of reading. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there were more Monster books - my kids are both teenagers now, but we have the first book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last two came out in 2019 and felt like they should have been first not last....lol.

      Delete

Week in Review #101

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...