This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

2024 January Anticipated Releases



It's time for a fun list of anticipated releases. I am going to try and do this every month. I don't normally get to my anticipated releases in the same month but I do hope to get to some of these as I am very curious about them. With the exception of two book I stuck with authors I know, so that my list wasn't extremely long because it could have been longer. :)

  1. The Beast at Skull Rock by Matt McMann - This is the fourth book in a middle grade horror series that is a lot like Goosebumps. I have enjoyed the first three so looking forward to this new one.
  2. Monsters Take Manhattan by Darran Aronofsky - I didn't even know this was going to be a series! I read Monster Club last year and just by chance came across this on Netgalley! It's about magic mermaid ink that brings drawings to life and I am curious what is going to happen in this one. 
  3.  World Famous Nine by Ben Guterson - I enjoyed the Winterhouse series by this author and this one sounds like a lot of fun!
  4. Holmes, Marple and Poe by James Patterson and Brian Sitts - The premise of this one intrigues me. I haven't read many Patterson books but this one just sounds interesting.
  5. Body on the Doorstep and Body at the Seance by Marty Wingate - Since these both come out at the same time I went ahead and put them both on here. I really enjoy this authors cozy mysteries so curious about a historical mystery from her. 
  6. Death at a Scottish Wedding by Lucy Connolly - Loved An American in Scotland so I was very much anticipating this one and I can say it was really good too as I already read the eARC but still wanted to mention it. :) 
  7. The Sign of Four Spirits by Vicki Delany - This is a favorite series from this author so I am always excited for the new one! 
  8. The Wharton Plot by Mariah Fredericks - I love a good historical mystery and it seems like more and more are involving real historical figures and this one is about Edith Wharton.
  9. Oh Hoaxes and Homicides by Anastasia Hasting - I really enjoyed book one and I am hoping I will enjoy this one.
  10. The Ascent by Adam Plantinga -  When a high security prison fails, a down-on-his luck cop and the governor’s daughter are going to have to team up if they’re going to escape as they must make it from the bottom floor to the roof! Never heard of this author but this just sounded like it could be very interesting!

 What are some books your anticipating in January?

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun mix with some cozy mysteries. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It was a good one but book one is better. :)

      Delete
  3. So many great looking books! I'm about to start Scottish Wedding and I can't wait. The Anastasia Hastings book looks really good and I want to pick up the Marty Wingates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the Scottish Wedding one, but book one was better. :)
      I liked the first Anastasia Hasting book but having a hard time getting into this second book. :(

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...