This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Week in Review #65 ~ Happy New Year!

The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

I can't believe that 2024 is upon us!! Where did 2023 go?! Hope every has had a great holiday season and hope your new year starts off great as well!

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

2024 January Anticipated Reads 

Books I have added

 Nothing

Books read last week

  • A Novel Disguise - This started out a bit slow but got a lot better and I enjoyed it. First book in the Lady Librarian series.
  • I Heard a Fly Buzz When I Died - This wasn't as good as the first one for me. I took way to long reading this and that is a bummer.
  • Juniper's Christmas - This one was just okay. It was an interesting middle grade Christmas book but I think I was just in a blah mood when reading it which reflects my feelings for it.

Currently reading

I really didn't want to have to roll over books into the new year but my reading the last couple of weeks haven't been great so I guess I will be rolling these over.

  • A Body on the Doorstep - This one is okay so far but only 14% into it so it has potential. :)
  • The Seafarer's Secret - 32% into this one and I am enjoying it I just need to stick with it and finish it as I need to get it done soon.
  • Second Duke's the Charm - I am only 4% into it but so far it's been kind of fun so I have high hopes for it!
  • Mother-Daughter Murder Night - My only audiobook on this list and I am 49% into it and so far I am enjoying it.

What might be up next

 So many things I want to read!! Just don't know what I will pick.

How was your week? What did you get?


6 comments:

  1. I know, right?! It feels like 2023 flew by a record-breaking speed. I hope 2024 treats you well!

    https://jennielyse.com/sunday-news-49/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm not a big fan of rolling over books either so I'm frantically finishing my last one. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! The seafarer's sEcret looks interesting.

    Mexican food for Christmas sounds awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a great New Year!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The year went so fast! I hope you have a good New Year😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read that Kate Bateman yet, but it looks great!
    My Sunday Post :)

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...