This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Two Bloggers One Series ~ Snow Angel Cove by RaeAnne Thayne

We started a new series! Though after reading this one I feel like we need to go back and read a different series first. My in order brain can't take it...lol.  After you see what I thought go and check out Barbs review at Booker T's Farm


Nothing short of a miracle can restore Eliza Hayward's Christmas cheer. The job she pinned her dreams on has gone up in smoke—literally—and now she's stuck in an unfamiliar, if breathtaking, small town. Precariously close to being destitute, Eliza needs a helping hand…for her sick young daughter's sake as well as her own. But she's not expecting her holiday hero to almost run her down with his car!

Rescuing Eliza is pure instinct for tech genius Aidan Caine. At first, putting the renovation of his lakeside guest lodge in Eliza's hands assuages his guilt—until he sees how quickly he could fall for her. Having focused solely on his business for years, he never knew that what his life was missing was Eliza and her little girl. But is he willing to risk hoping for a yuletide romance that could lead to forever?

Poor Eliza is not having a great day, she arrives to find out her job has literally gone up in smokes after moving her and her daughter. So now she is stuck in a small town with no job  and a sick daughter. Then add the fact that an out of control car hits her and she is just not having a fun time. 

Aidan Caine, tech genius, and man behind the wheel feels really bad for hitting her and after finding out about her lack of job, etc. He tells her that she can stay at Snow Angel Cove with him. It's a large place and he has a housekeeper and her husband there so it's not like she would just be with him. He decides to hire her to help him get ready for his large family that will be coming for the holidays. 

Aidan has been very career focused and never need to take it easy but he is carrying a bit of a secret which has led him to wanting his family to all show up. This causes a bit of tension with Eliza as she knows what it is but he won't let her tell his family. 

 He is not use to taking it slow but Eliza and her daughter are showing him what he is really missing by always being all about the job.  It's set at Christmas time and just has that fluffy wholesome feel to it that I have loved from this author.

I loved all the characters as I think that the side characters really made this one fun!

My only problem with this book was that Aidan kept mentioning his family from Hopes Crossing and I knew the author had a series call Hopes Crossing and so I felt like I was missing something, that I should already know his family and that just bugged my brain...lol. It might not bother other people but it does me, so told Barb we will have to go back to that series so my brain feels better...lol. :) 

4 stars

6 comments:

  1. The little girl was so adorable in this one too. I think we'll like these characters a lot moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good, and I hope you get to read the other series 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first book by RaeAnne Thayne and I absolutely loved it! I've read some books in the Hope's Crossing series and I think this series is way better so don't give up on her completely if you're not a fan of Hope's Crossing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I won't, I have read some of her standalones and enjoyed them so I think I will like her a lot. :)

      Delete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...