This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, January 7, 2024

Week in Review #66


The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

I can't believe we are already one week into January 2024! Hope everyone has had a great start to the new year. My year is starting out decent, nothing much happening. 

 It's starting to get cold and I am not ready. You northerners keep that cold and snow up your way! :) 

Have a great week and happy reading!

Books I have added

 Nothing!

Books read last week

  • Mother-Daughter Murder Night - This ended up being better than I thought it would.
  • Hidden - My first Fern Michaels book and I enjoyed it.
  • Small Town Monsters - So I went into this blind thinking it was about monsters but it was about possession and a YA horror, it was wasn't bad I just wanted monsters...lol.

Currently reading

  • The Seafarer's Secret - I am liking this one but just not concentrating on my ebooks. I am 46% into this one. It's pretty much just a straight up mystery.
  • Hidden Currents - I am part of a kindle/kobo cleanout challenge on Youtube and this is one of my picks for that. I just started it but so far it's not bad.
  • Haunted - Part of my read my own physical books personal challenge and buddy reading this with Barb. So far it's okay but only three chapters in.
  • A Body on the Doorstep - I didn't make any progress on this one.

What might be up next

  • Second Duke's the Charm - I really want to read this one and I have started it but it's on hold so putting it back on the might be up next.
  • Moonstone - I am buddy reading this one with a few friends.

How was your week? What did you get?

15 comments:

  1. I woke up to snow this morning, which is a bummer because I have to go grocery shopping today, ugh! I hope your weather isn't too bad, have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, hope it goes away soon. I think our will be very cold with little snow.

      Delete
  2. Your book choices sound amazing! I'm hoping to find my next good one. I'm reading through old TBRs, so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second Duke's The Charm has a gorgeous cover! I'm currently reading The Second Chance Year and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. It's going to get very cold her this upcoming week. I remind myself this is very good for my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good way to think of the positive side of things!

      Delete
  4. I would like to read The Moonstone. If I can find my copy.
    Have a great week.
    My Sundaypost

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're coming down with a cold. My husband I keep passing sinus infections to each other. Right now, it's my turn. :( I hope you feel better soon!

    https://jennielyse.com/sunday-news-50/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It snowed here last night! But mostly melted today. :)

    Happy NY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it melted! That is my favorite type of snow, one that is gone the next day...lol.

      Delete
  7. It's supposed to get really cold here this weekend and I am not ready! I haven't read that Heather Graham. I normally enjoy her books though there are always a couple that I just can't into. Hopefully that's a good one. I'll be curious to see what you think of The Moonstone. I really enjoyed The Woman in White by Collins but haven't read anything else by him. Hope you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm completely over winter too. I can't wait for you to finish Haunted. I REALLY need to bash Matt with someone!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #80

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...