This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Week in Review #79

How was your week? What did you get?The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Another week that just flew on by and I almost forgot to make this post because I couldn't believe it was Saturday! 

Did a bit more watching of old school movies. I watched Romancing the Stone, Jewel of the Nile and Dirty Dancing. Old School April has been fun!

Have a great week!

Books I have added

Nothing! :)

Books I have read
  • In Farms Way - Still not a favorite but at least I liked this one more.
  • The Tower Treasure - First Hardy Boys book and I enjoyed it.
  • It Watches in the Dark - I swear Middle Grade horror book covers just get scarier and scarier. This was a good book.
  • The Day of the Triffids - I tried a classic sci-fi and it wasn't bad but I hate open endings. I listened to this via a sort of radio show type audiobook that made it fun.

Currently reading

  • Mysteries of Paris - Still chipping away at this massive classic with my friend Nicole, it's the only way I am getting through it lol. On page 293 of 1300+. Paris has a lot of mysteries...lol.
  • Nightwing - Buddy read with Barb and not enough killer bat action. Kind of slow.
  • Above Suspicion - Spy thriller and I am enjoying it. Not real far though and it's a print book so goes slower. I am on page 70 of 256.
  • The Secret of the Mansion - Just started this audiobook so no opinion yet. It's the Trixie Belden series book one.

What might be up next


Just hoping to get the books above done before the month is over (except for the chunker...lol)


4 comments:

  1. I love all three of those movie. I think I recently watched Dirty Dancing, it's so much fun to revisit old favorites. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe April is almost gone as well. Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile - I was very happy to stumble across Lost City recently, which gave me Romancing the Stone vibes... I know what you mean about April flying by - I think the disappointing weather is making it difficult to believe that May is nearly here. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to watch Romancing the Stone. I watched it once years ago but remember almost nothing about it. Love all the middle grade you're reading. That's a genre I've been neglecting. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #81

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...