This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Week in Review #93

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

Not a lot happened this week that would be newsworthy...lol. The weather has been pretty hot but that is normal for August here. The weather has been so weird everywhere lately. I just hope winter isn't bad. I am not looking forward to winter at all. I want to keep summer!

There is a reading event on Youtube I am participating in called Garbaugust and it's were we just read trashy books or books people don't deem worthy, see The Executioner book below. :) We could also watch movies. There is a bingo board so for Ninja, since I don't have a book about ninjas I watched American Ninja, I haven't seen that in forever. I also watched Code of Silence with Chuck Norris and a horribly boring Crocodile movie called Black Water.

Have a great week!

What you might have missed on my blog

Vamptember Announcement
Review of Fool Moon

Books I have added

 Nothing

Books read last week

  • Black Bird Oracle - I think I hyped this one up to much in my mind as I love this series and it has been around 5 years since we got a book. I liked it but it was just different.
  • The Case of the Green-Dressed Ghost - This was decent, the MC was a bit whiny at times but he was learning about ghost for the first time...lol. 
  • War Against the Mafia - First book in the Executioner series and it was fun and entertaining but definitely a product of it's time. It won't be for everyone but I am looking forward to trying another one which is good as I have about 40 in my collection.
  • The Case of the Musical Cow - A Standalone book by this author and it was okay but much prefer Perry Mason books. 
  • Black Demon Trilogy - This was about the folklore of the Black Demon a shark, sure nothing like the movie of the same name though about the same folklore shark.

Currently reading

  • An Irish Bookshop Murder - I am 58% into it and I should be liking it more as I like this author but I am not a fan some things the author has decided to put in it which is a bummer. 
  • A Lady in the Smoke - Historical Mystery that I just decided to start on a whim and I am 12% into the audiobook.
  • Rum and Razors - The third book in the Murder She Wrote series and I was a bit board but finally at 27% the murder has happened so I hope it picks up some. 
  • Coffin Corner - Still at the same spot as I haven't worked on it. I just don't care for short stories lol., so I keep putting it off. 

Have a great week and happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. I was going to mention Vamptember on my post today but completely forgot. I will add that next week for sure. Have a good week, Stormi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vamptember sounds like fun. I hope you enjoy your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read a lot last week. I am just glad we got Black Bird Oracle read so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am worried about winter as well. We have been unseasonable cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of reading books people don't deem worthy! I like the Murder She Wrote books but they definitely aren't the fastest paced. Too bad about the Lucy Connelly. I like her too but that one didn't grab me when I first read the blurb. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #97

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...