This is Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I downgraded blogs because I wasn't using the other one as much and didn't need the extra expense. Hope you all will join me here!

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Week in Review #100

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It's Monday! What are you reading?  If you have never joined in on these meme's you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.

I can't believe it's October!! Though this does me I am once again hosting Hallowtween on my youtube channel. So you will see a lot of fun middle grade books on my reading and read list, though lets get real I read middle grade all the time...lol. This year I have a merch shop attached to my youtube channel so thought I would let you know in case you want to check it out. Here are some of my fun shirts. https://storm-reads.myspreadshop.com/

If you wondering what Hallowtween is it's a readathon that I created to read spooky and/or non spooky seasonal middle grade and I even read some picture books. You can see my potential tbr as I really stick to one but I do want to read all of these. :) 


Watching a lot of spooky or fun seasonal movies too. Mostly older movies like THEM!, EARTH VS. SPIDER, THE DAY OF THE TRIFID. :) My fun movie was MOM'S GOT A DATE WITH A VAMPIRE, I haven't seen that one in a long time! 

So we had to put out car back in the shop again and buy two tires, so that hurt the wallet a bit. It sounds a lot better so I am hoping this is the last thing for a while! We need to use out extra money for gathering up wood for the winter. It's the one big thing I hate about living in the country with a wood stove for heat. I am getting to old for gathering wood in the cold. UGH. 

So it's been one busy week here and I hope this coming week is a bit slower. I did get a lot of fun books and movies watched in my spare time but I do prefer the slower weeks. :) 

Have a great week and happy reading!

What you might have missed on my blog

Review of When Darkness Falls

Books I have added

  • Specters in the Glass House - Excited to get this one even if they gave it to me right on it's release date.  This is a Christian fiction book, with two timelines, one historical and one present day. Her books are ususally a bit mystery/suspsense with a spooky kind of vibe. I have been wanting to try her for a while now so hope I can fit this in soon! 
Books I Read

  • Curse of the Reaper - So I thought this was going to be a slasher, don't compare to Scream and it not be a slasher book. It's more of a psychological thriller with a bit of horror at the end. I was not impressed. 
  • The School for Wicked Witches - New series. This was a cute book set in the Ozverse with some fun nods to things like the yellow brick road, etc. The main character is a witch from the west. 
  • The Terror in Jenny's Armpit - New series. This was fun and slightly silly but I think middle graders will love it. I may have the second book on my tbr for this month now. 
  • Everybunny Loves Magic - The last book in a trilogy and I am glad to get this finished. I think the concept of this trilogy was cute but the MC could be a bit annoying and self absorbed at times.
  • The Ghost of Nameless Island - This was a fun spooky middle grade book and one real complain was how it just seemed to drop off at the end with a bit of a cliffy and I didn't know it was going to be a series. 
  • Stinetinglers - This was okay, its a set of short stories from R.L. Stine and just like some of his books some were fun and some left me scratching my head going what...lol. I don't do well with short stories...lol. 

Currently Reading

  • The Monstrous Adventures of Mummy Man and Waffles - This is cute. I am a little over 50% into it. 
  • Caught Dead - I am enjoying this one but it's going slow as I read slow and sometimes prioritize audiobooks. I am about 18% into this one. 
  • Cursed Cruise - I wasn't a huge fan of the first one and this one is not much better. I was hoping it would be but I am very hit or miss with YA horror. With this one there are just some things in it that I am not a fan of that lessens my enjoyment. I am almost finished with this audiobook. If there is a third one I am not sure I will try it. 
How did your week go? Hope you had a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your car! And it seems you have a bunch of good spooky books to read, enjoy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get all of the heat you need without breaking your back or your bank! I don't like anything remotely scary but I do love witch stuff. The School for Wicked Witches might be something I read with the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your car. Car expenses can just be too much. I hope you enjoy your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wearing my retro read tee today! I love spooky season and liked Nameless but wish it wasn't a series as well.

    ReplyDelete

Week in Review #100

How was your week? What did you get? The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves , The Sunday Post and It's Monday! Wh...